Corsair Community

CL v3.1.5667 CPUID SDK cleanup issue

red-ray

I have just noted that when I exit CL v3.1.5667 the cpuz138 service is still running and cpuz138_x64.sys is still in %TEMP%.

Given both CPUZ and HWM stop the service and clean things up then I expect that CL also should.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22209&stc=1&d=1437491372

CPUZ-3.1_5667.png.3d70755719693c0c1c4929921da3ce72.png

Sent to the developers to look into.

Why is it that you are not yet paying Red-ray? He is doing a great job a finding issues with your software and even giving you fixes in some instances.

I think he at least deserves free hardware for every CL enabled device, as he seems to be doing at least as good a job as your internal testing team.

Why is it that you are not yet paying Red-ray? He is doing a great job a finding issues with your software and even giving you fixes in some instances.

I think he at least deserves free hardware for every CL enabled device, as he seems to be doing at least as good a job as your internal testing team.

Probably better in most cases. How are you helping in any way?

I have just noted that when I exit CL v3.1.5667 the cpuz138 service is still running and cpuz138_x64.sys is still in %TEMP%.

Wow, it should not be in Windows> System32> drivers ?

So if I empty my Temp folder with Ccleaner, CL no longer work ? :eek:

Wow, it should not be in Windows> System32> drivers ?

So if I empty my Temp folder with Ccleaner, CL no longer work ? :eek:

I suspect the cpuz sys file is packed into one of the CL dll files, then it extract's the file to the temp directory whenever CL runs (so even if you delete the cpuz138_x64.sys file. it should get re-created next time CL runs, but it probably won't let you delete it since it's a running kernel mode driver, until you manually stop it.), not overly a big deal but good software development should clean up (by deleting any temporary files / services / drivers it creates such as the cpuz138_x64.sys ) when you exit / close / start the program

btw on windows 7 (administrator account) it seems to cleanup when you right click on the icon and exit (leaves the folder but deletes the sys file), so possibly an issue related to permissions or just timing

I suspect the cpuz sys file is packed into one of the CL dll files, then it extract's the file to the temp directory whenever CL runs (so even if you delete the cpuz138_x64.sys file. it should get re-created next time CL runs, but it probably won't let you delete it since it's a running kernel mode driver, until you manually stop it.), not overly a big deal but good software development should clean up (by deleting any temporary files / services / drivers it creates such as the cpuz138_x64.sys ) when you exit / close / start the program

btw on windows 7 (administrator account) it seems to cleanup when you right click on the icon and exit (leaves the folder but deletes the sys file), so possibly an issue related to permissions or just timing

Effectively, I tried out of curiosity CCleaner, and it does not offer this file in the temporary files suppresion

I have found that on pre W10 you can delete the driver .SYS file while the driver is still running, but on W10 you can't.

On this W7 system I have just checked again and the .SYS file does not get detected when I right click on the CL icon and exit. I am running as Admin with UAC disabled.

I too suspect it down to race conditions. Either way Corsair should fix it.

Interestingly if after exiting CL if I then run CPUZ things get cleaned up on CPUZ exit.

on windows 7 (administrator account) it seems to cleanup when you right click on the icon and exit (leaves the folder but deletes the sys file), so possibly an issue related to permissions or just timing

You're right, I just do what you say, and now Ccleaner detects the file.

Archived