Corsair Community

corsair memory and asus a8v+boot problem

Island

Hi all...Well I have an FX-55 on an a8v running on a gig of 3200LLpro in dual channel and I usually have no problems when I leave my bios setting on auto and the system runs stable even with running at 1T..But I noticed with the cpu voltage set on auto that the voltage fluxuates between 1.54-1.57v when in windows, and My FX-55 should be running stable at 1.5v..so when I manually change it to 1.5v in the bios and reboot no problems as well...But if I shut down my system or set it to standby mode, when I go to power back on, I see that my fans will kick on and I get power to the board, but the memory module Led's will flicker for a second or two and then go dead and my system won't even boot but I have power to the board, and then I have to do the cmos resetting pain in the butt thing..I have tried changing the memory DDR voltage from auto to 2.6-2.8 but still same problems...If I dont shut off the system or go into standby everything is great and stable. i can even reboot from windows without a problem. I just get it when i power down the system..I'm wondering if my problem is due to the CPU voltage being to low now that I set it at 1.500 and not enough juice when I power on the system? But it's the memory modules I see that are not powering on when I try to power on my computer..Any1 got any advice? I could leave everything on auto, but the reason I manually set the cpu voltage was to lower the heat due to the higher voltage output when I set it on auto...Thanks fellas and glad to be aboard these forums :biggrin: L8r

Yes, try setting it back to auto, see what happens. Also, it could be reading the voltage wrong and outputting less than what it says. Dunno what the temp diff would be from 1.5 to 1.57, but I doubt it's enough to worr about at all.

Archived