Corsair Community

incompatible Corsair VS512MB400 512MB DDR400 PC3200 CAS2.5

loss_speedy

Hi, i have a gigabyte mb ga-k8ns i used the ram guy to find compatible ram and i bought Corsair VS512MB400 512MB DDR400 PC3200 CAS2.5 wich dont seem to work with it it said it was compatible i mean it works turns on and everything but when i try to install windows i get alot of errors that wont allow me to install windows i also tried to install linux but i fail to do so with both i went to gigabite for help i did everything they say and nothing so i decide to buy another module Corsair VS512MB333 512MB DDR333 PC2700 because im persistant and wala it works smoothly i get install windows and everythings runs fine im happy it works so i figure i have install windows why not switch modules i put the 400 one and i get errors again. so my question is what can i do to get a working module i spend a month trying to figure out where was the problem and my waranty and zipzoomfly.com expire and i came here corsair the ram guy to find compatibles but it didnt work can i get an exchange or something "(im broke just to point out)... thankyou

Archived