Corsair Community

512MB XMS LL PC3200 ,Timings & Errors

mathesar

I recently bought a second 512mb module of Corsair PC3200 XMS LL ,my original module passes memtest86 without errors using 2-2-2-6 timings, but this new one fails in test #5 with 5-7 errors and test #6 gets numerous errors (I tested the module by itself),But If I use 2-3-2-6 timing it passes without errors, Is this normal? Both modules are identical and even have "2-2-2-6" printed on the sticker,and both say v1.1, Does this mean the new module is bad? Thanks.

I got a reply in another area of this forum ,you can view it [URL=http://houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16054&highlight=512MB+XMS+PC3200]here[/URL] The reply didnt really answer why one module would pass at 2-2-2-6 and the other wont (considering both are v1.1 and have 2226 timings stamped on them) but at 2-3-2-6 it meets there current XMS specs and im sure the performance differance is negligible.

• Corsair Employees
Yes that is normal, we were forced to change the IC used to make this module to Winbond Rev C, as Rev. B is no longer in production. And most of the MB using the Intel Chipsets will not support the Rass to Cass set to 2, so we made the change. Sorry I would set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3" and you should have no problems. Ram Guy

Ok, just so that I'm sure in what you are saying is clear. I have the REV.1.1 cause the sticker says 2-2-2-6. But you are saying that I can still manually set the 2 to 3 and that will help my performance on my A7N8X DLX rev2 board? Right? I just want to be sure before I blow anything up.

Now you got me really confused. I mean, you can see from sig that I'm running the 2500+ Barton at its reccommended speed. You folks at Corsair play with my particular mother board all day for testing purposes. Without mentioning or referring to Intel, could you just give recommended specs for my particular ram which is the rev B. Or refer me to a site other than the white paper site you have, (that doesn't really give too much info). I'm just trying to get at the bottom of the instability that I'm experiancing. I mean if I have to return the ram I will, but I just want to make sure I have all the correct "Bells and Whistles" set. Please........:sigh!:

• 7 months later...
Just built a exact copy of my existing computer for my father. Went to start it up and got the voice and long beep of "system memory test failed" checked both sticks of Corsair memory to make sure they were flush in their sockets, they are. Pulled one and the other to see if I had a bad stick of memory and got the same responce. Is it possible to get 2 bad sticks of Twin X memory? Or? maybe the sockets themselves are defective. This A7N8X deluxe is a refurb from NewEgg.com. The only thing that I hadn't tried was swapping the memory from my pc into the new one I'm building. Any input would be appreciated. Again you can refer to my Father's system setup by looking at my sig.

• Corsair Employees
This is not really the correct part of the forum, so I am moving it too Compatibality Questions. Please look at the label on the modules and make sure there is no "R" or "RE" in the part#. If not please test the modules in your other system one at a time.

[quote name='RAM GUY']This is not really the correct part of the forum, so I am moving it too Compatibality Questions. Please look at the label on the modules and make sure there is no "R" or "RE" in the part#. If not please test the modules in your other system one at a time.[/QUOTE] [B]XMS3200[U]RE[/U]v1.1 [/B] is this what you are talking about? Don't tell me this is for the new 64 bit mobo's. Is it? What can I do if it is? Deal with Corsair or the retailer I purchased it from? :[pouts:

• Corsair Employees
Yes! Please ask your reseller and see if they can exchange them for you for the same part# with no "R" or "RE" in the part#. Like Twinx1024-3200LL. This MB will not support buffered memory; sorry!

[quote name='RAM GUY']Yes! Please ask your reseller and see if they can exchange them for you for the same part# with no "R" or "RE" in the part#. Like Twinx1024-3200LL. This MB will not support buffered memory; sorry![/QUOTE] Thanks alot! Will do.

Archived