Corsair Community

H80 making pump noise for the past several days

corvey

I can hear the pump on my H80 making noise that hasn't ever been present before for the past couple of days. I purchased it new along with my Rampage IV motherboard and has worked great and still works, but I think it is now failing due to the new noise I've been hearing from it recently.

I purchased this on 1-25-2012 from Tigerdirect for $94.99, does this thing still have warranty? I need to purchase a new H100i now (ironically the same price for $94.99 at Newegg) for replacement because I can't afford to have my PC down for RMA shipping, processing and all the BS that goes with it. The H80 has been good enough for me to buy the same brand again and this time I'll get the H100i - the improved version.

• Corsair Employee
So you have the option of contacting customer service and getting an advance RMA. Personally, I'd recommend just getting in touch with them and seeing what they can do; they may be able to give you a good deal on an H100i GTX since your H80 sounds like it's failing.

So you have the option of contacting customer service and getting an advance RMA. Personally, I'd recommend just getting in touch with them and seeing what they can do; they may be able to give you a good deal on an H100i GTX since your H80 sounds like it's failing.

I already hastily purchased a H100i from Newegg last night. However, Ill still buy the H100i GTX replacement from you too if it's a good enough price deal swap as a backup cooler.

I will forward this link to them in the RMA messages.

Thank you,

DR

Archived