Corsair Community

Bad Module

tripnek

I have a bad module and need to return it. If I understand the website, I have to post here on this forum before I can get an RA number. I have a Corsair PC-2100 1GB chip that went bad. It worked fine, then one day my system would not boot. I take out the chip and it boots. I put it back in and it won't boot. I put the chip in my old system that the chip used to be in and it won't boot. Take the chip out and it boots. Seems pretty clear cut that the chip is bad. Here are the numbers on the chip:

CM74SD1024R-2100/S

PC2100R-25330-C1

I have three sticks of ram in my system (dual AMD 2800+ w/ gigabyte MB) and tried pulling them in and out, switching slots, and one at a time. In all positions and combinations the 1GB stick will not work. The other two sticks will work on there own or together as long as the 1gb stick is left out. The 1gb stick worked fine in this system for many months then just died. It had also worked in my previous system (dual AMD w/ tyan MB). I used it in that system for a few months before I built my new one. But when I try to put the ram in it now it won't work in that system either. Seems very obvious to me that the ram is bad.

Archived