1 stick VS512MB400

Lot 0434037-0

MSI 875P Neo-LSR

P4 2.4 GHz

FSB clock 200 MHz (400DDR)

CAS 2.5-3-3-8

Default voltage settings

1 rev behind on my BIOS

I've got 2 of these and narrowed my problems down to one module using Memtest86+ v1.30. Several errors in test 5 when this particular module is installed.

2 sticks VS256MB400

Lot 0331096, 0325109

MSI K7N2 Delta-L

AthlonXP 2600+ (333 MHz)

FSB Clock 166 MHz (333DDR)

CAS 2.5-3-3-8

Default Voltage settings

Current BIOS

Lots of errors in lots of different tests. Tested each module separately. Errors with both modules. Used Memtest-86 v3.2.

Anything I can try or do they sound dead?

Thanks!!

wwIIonline- the best test for bad memory due to bad game coding.

lol...

oh, little tip, one the mobo you tested with the 2 sticks. pull one stick and test each of them in memtest seperatly. that's so you can narrow it down if it's only one stick causing the problem. be sure to test each in the very first mem slot!

• Corsair Employee
Please set the memory voltage at 2.7 volts, with 2.5/3/3/8 settings. If memtest86 found problems or errors on there memory modules, then I will suggest you to look at other hardware/peripherals installed on your system. I do not think the problem is coming from the memory modules! But if you think that the problem is still caused by the memory module then please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• Corsair Employee
It is really hard to tell where the problem is coming from, the only way to get to the bottom of this is by doing trial and error, if you think it is the memory module which I doubt anyways we will be more than happy to replace it. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
That would suggest some other problem, what was the memory Frequency set too? NOT THE CPU FSB! It should be at DDR333 with the CPU you have, if you try to run the memory at DDR400 with a 333FSB CPU it will cause a bottleneck in the CPU and may generate errors that are not the fault of the memory.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived