Corsair Community

Possible bad part

cwimpenn

I have a TwinX pair of CXM512-3200XL and I believe one of the parts is bad. I've run Memtest86 on each part invidividually and while one part runs all night without error the other, unfortunately, does not.

My motherboard is an Asus P4C800-E deluxe and I've flashed it to the latest BIOS. The timings used to perform the test according to Memtest86 are 2-2-2-5. I've tried upping the voltage to 2.85v when both parts were installed and Memtest86 came up with errors. However, I don't know for sure what the voltage was when the test was run on each individual part. I assume it was the value set by the SPD since I have that enabled.

I've looked through other posts and tried to follow tech support's recommendations. If running the suspect part at 2.85v might make a difference I'll try that otherwise I'd like to request an RMA. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Craig

PS - I sent an email to Ram Guy concerning this part but figured that I might need to post to the forum instead. I apologize for the redundant post.

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB and load Setup/optimized default settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

TwinX1024 or TwinX512-3200XL

Advanced/Jumper Free

AI over clocking: Manual

CPU Freq: 200

DRAM Clock: 400 MHz

Memory or Dim Reference voltage: 2.75 Volts

System performance: Auto

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

Advanced/Chipset

Configure Dram timing by SPD: Disabled/User define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

SDRAM Burst Length: 8

Performance Acceleration Mode: Enabled

USB Legacy Support: Disabled

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived