Corsair Community

VS512MB333 problem - faulty module?

dom2121

Hi,

On 9/1/2004 I bought 1 stick of Corsair Value Select VS512MB333 Lot 0432117-0 from newegg.com for my Asus A7N8X-X at default settings. I started having intermittent crashing problems since I bought the stick but it got really bad when I recently tried Doom3 (crashes every 5-10 mins). I ran Memtest 3.0 for 20 hrs on the stick and after 70 passes it said it had 847 errors @ 229.3/245.3MB. Can I get an RMA?

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me on how many total memory module/s you have on your system; if you have the latest BIOS for your MB, along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I have two modules. My other module is a Corsair CMX512-2700C2 XMS 2700 v1.3. I'm running the latest bios for my MB. CPU is a Athlon XP 2800+ (2.08 ghz) and FSB is at 333mhz. I'm not overclocking anything. My BIOS memory settings are all at default (2.5-3-3-7) DDR voltage at 2.6v.

Thanks.

Yes, I ran memtest on each module independently. The Corsair CMX512-2700C2 XMS 2700 v1.3 ran flawlessly overnight. The Corsair Value Select VS512MB333 had 847 errors. I will try running at 3-4-4-8 but I don't believe this should be necessary. What is wrong with running different part modules together as long as you run at the slower of the two's speed?

The problem seems to be independent of any compatibility issues since I'm running the tests with only 1 stick in at a time.

I tried incrementing my memory timings up with only the stick of Corsair Value Select VS512MB333.

3-3-3-7

3-4-4-7

3-4-4-8

I ran memtest with each of these settings and all had errors within 5 minutes.

I believe the module is faulty. RAMGUY, any more suggestions or can I have an RMA?

Archived