Corsair Community

Another problem with VS1GBKIT400 and MSI K8N Neo2

kruku33

Hi!

Recently Ive bought: AMD 3,2+ s939, msi k8n neo2 platinum mobo and memory VS1GBKIT400 from Corsair's. Ive put one module at slot 1 and second - at slot three. BIOS showed info's as follows: memory at 333mhz, single-channel. :evil:

I've made a BIOS upgrade to a version 1.3. But it helped nothing. Then I reached for the manual - an I see at p.2-8 a table. And what? I read that TWO double-side memory modules, aren't going to run at 400MHz. I dont know the policy of MSI but it's kind of weird - when You're buying new hardware, and the dual-channel isn't working. Or maybe it's something wrong with the memory? My system is unstable, it locks up most when using WinXP with SP2 installed.

What I have to do now? How can I check that this isn't a CPU's fault (can be?)? As far as Im concerned there aren't any 512mb memory modules with 8x64 allocation, except DDR-II. Please, help, I don't know how I can solve a problem of mine...

edit: forgot to tell You, that Ive read and used clues from the RamGuy. Nothing helped - it still shows 64-bit, single-channel

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure you have the latest BIOS installed in your MB and load optimized/optimal default settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

Advanced Chipset:

Memclock Mode: Manual (400)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 4

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

Frequency Voltage Control:

Spread Spectrum: Enabled

CPU FSB Clock: 200

DDR Voltage: 2.7/2.75 Volts

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Archived