Corsair Community

Giving up on Corsair Link

oscillik

I'm actually in the Corsair Link bugtracking meeting this morning, so I should be able to give you an update soon.

It's easy for you to get ticked at me for this and I don't necessarily blame you, but remember that I have minimal control over what's going on with CL. You guys are frustrated and I don't blame you at all, but imagine how I feel fielding these problems literally daily. I'm doing everything I can to keep shaking the Corsair Link tree and get these problems resolved.

I realise you are the guy-in-the-middle. I feel it's long overdue for the CL Manager to post and keep us all informed of the progress. Please mention this at the meeting.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its just my observation is all

another observation is you have the tendency to name calling

perhaps you should refresh yourself with the Forum rules.

It's only an infraction, if it isn't true. Therefore red-ray has nothing to worry about! :laughing:

I've got to say, I totally expected Corsair not to deliver a new version of link before the end of the month. I've come to expect one thing from Corsair regarding software, that I'll be underwhelmed at the best, and more likely encounter tons of frustration.

I'm actually in the Corsair Link bugtracking meeting this morning, so I should be able to give you an update soon.

It's easy for you to get ticked at me for this and I don't necessarily blame you, but remember that I have minimal control over what's going on with CL. You guys are frustrated and I don't blame you at all, but imagine how I feel fielding these problems literally daily. I'm doing everything I can to keep shaking the Corsair Link tree and get these problems resolved.

Dustin,

I and the others get that you are in the middle. The issue is that Corsair has been fixing Corsair Link for several years now. I think everyone in this forum has been much more patient, than could ever be expected. If this weren't a hobby for the people here, they would have chucked the product, and got their money back from Corsair, and simply made for a walking bad advertisement for anyone willing to listen.

The users still here would like to see Corsair succeed. But, this is being handled horribly from a customer relations standpoint. Nothing official is being told to users of the forum, from anyone who appears to have the authority to control anything.

Sorry Dustin, but you are simply the pawn they've sent into the battlefield to be sacrificed.

It's time to get someone with some authority to step up, and take some ownership. So far, I haven't even heard anyone admit that Corsair's software doesn't work, and that they plan to fix it! We only seem to get the: "there are some issues with certain configurations" type of argument. Well that argument is true, in a way... if the configuration involves Corsair Link, and Windows 8.1, there are problems. It's time for someone to step up, say they're sorry, and tell us when this will be fixed.

I don't think this is unreasonable. But, I would have thought Corsair might have figured they need to actually inform their users 18 months ago. I think it is time for the "Mushroom Treatment" to end. No more keeping us in the dark, and feeding us $h!t.

Dustin,

I and the others get that you are in the middle. The issue is that Corsair has been fixing Corsair Link for several years now. I think everyone in this forum has been much more patient, than could ever be expected. If this weren't a hobby for the people here, they would have chucked the product, and got their money back from Corsair, and simply made for a walking bad advertisement for anyone willing to listen.

The users still here would like to see Corsair succeed. But, this is being handled horribly from a customer relations standpoint. Nothing official is being told to users of the forum, from anyone who appears to have the authority to control anything.

Sorry Dustin, but you are simply the pawn they've sent into the battlefield to be sacrificed.

It's time to get someone with some authority to step up, and take some ownership. So far, I haven't even heard anyone admit that Corsair's software doesn't work, and that they plan to fix it! We only seem to get the: "there are some issues with certain configurations" type of argument. Well that argument is true, in a way... if the configuration involves Corsair Link, and Windows 8.1, there are problems. It's time for someone to step up, say they're sorry, and tell us when this will be fixed.

I don't think this is unreasonable. But, I would have thought Corsair might have figured they need to actually inform their users 18 months ago. I think it is time for the "Mushroom Treatment" to end. No more keeping us in the dark, and feeding us $h!t.

OMG YES!!:eek: Not a more true statement as been said. Well said :headbang2

^^^^^

This is exactly how everyone feels.

Dustin,

Agreed, Dustin, what came out of the "bug tracking meeting" the other day?

• 2 weeks later...

DONT USE CRAP SOFTWARE SIV

thats my reccomendation aftr having tried siv on my new fresh build and having it repeatly lock up to where I had to go in safe mode to wipe out this junk software

unfortunately it was still messed up and since thia is a OEM machine Im stuck buying a windows OS

why would Corsair aloow people to post their junk software on their official support site?

now I can see why the software op keeps begging for Corsairs software to try to make his work.

Thx Corsair

thats my reccomendation aftr having tried siv on my new fresh build and having it repeatly lock up to where I had to go in safe mode to wipe out this junk software

unfortunately it was still messed up and since thia is a OEM machine Im stuck buying a windows OS

why would Corsair aloow people to post their junk software on their official support site?

now I can see why the software op keeps begging for Corsairs software to try to make his work.

Thx Corsair

Using third party software was a choice, which you made to do so. Honestly we all take a risk when using third party software as you never know what its doing behind the scenes such as tracking web history, stealing usernames and passwords or even creating a backdoor to your machine. As for Corsair allowing someone to constantly advertise their third-party software on their official forums I guess it does not violate their TOS as many MODs have seen it and let it continue so there may be no wrong doing to take action.

As for your OEM computer, you do not have to buy a new OS. The computer comes with a way to make the restore CDs on a separate partition. Also you can download a copy of windows or borrow someone's copy and use your CD key which is usually a sticker on the machine somewhere. If this was a self build machine with the Windows OS that you purchased you can still reuse it, just call Microsoft and inform them you motherboard or your hard drive died and you had to replace it, they will reset the activation for you to use again.

good luck

Thx Corsair

I am sorry to hear you feel SIV has caused an issue on you system. This is the first time I have ever heard a report of Windows needing to be reinstalled after running SIV. Given you have not filled in your PC specs I can't check if SIV has been successfully used on the same motherboard + CPU combination.

I would be happy to help you resolve your issue, all you need to do is ask.

Looking at http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/System-Information-Viewer.shtml SIV has been downloaded 102,203 times, 117,389 from http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/siv_(system_information_viewer).html and there are many other mirror sites. I can understand you are somewhat annoyed given your system has an issue, but it is a rare exception rather than the norm assuming SIV triggered the issue, which is your current assumption. After reading http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=760750#post760750 I am starting to wonder if it was SIV at all.

All the SIV images are digitally signed. Did you check the file properties to endure the SIV you ran had not been tampered with?

attachment.php?attachmentid=20910&stc=1&d=1424161089

1154206608_VeriSignedSIVImages.thumb.png.7a2a8890adcb3fc582402857c2fd2ceb.png

And... Still a turd. I turned my fan down to 0 rpm via Fan Xpert (ASUS) to check Corsair Link accuracy- and none of the values in Corsair Link reflected the change in speed. I close Link completely and reopen to see if anything changed, and voila! A bunch of other values are now zero (But not the fan that is actually stopped)! Sweet. Thanks guys. So stoked on that.

Check it out:

http://derekfoulk.com/corsair-link-is-special.jpg

Background image doesn't resize either( but not a big deal- it's cosmetics). Urgh man why can we not get this to work. Give us an API or- even better- the source code. We'll fix the damn thing ourselves...

Link still has the following issues (at least):

- Duplicates instances of readings

- Does not save the background image you set (even if you save your profile before closing)

- Displays separate instances of fans (just with different labels)

- Pretty positive the readings are inaccurate, but I don't care to waste anymore time until this software is re-done completely. It is poorly written/tested/whatever. I'm a consumer. I don't care. All I know is- it does not work properly.

http://derekfoulk.com/corsair-link-is-really-special.jpg

Archived