Corsair Community

Poor GPU performance in Corsair 250D; airflow problem?

windoge

I recently downsized from an NZXT H440 midtower to the Corsair 250D. In the H440, a case that is not at all optimized for strong airflow, I was able to keep my 780 Ti (with reference Nvidia blower cooler) at 1036MHz IIRC and around 75C when gaming. Now, with the 250D, it hits 80C and throttles to around 880MHz to maintain that temperature. I have a Noctua NF-A14 PWM front fan and my CPU is cooled with a Corsair H55, exhausting out the side near the front. I have tried adding a second intake and exhaust fan on the other 120mm fan mount towards the back but neither configuration improved my performance very much. My theory is that the main intake for the GPU is at a position where the air from the front fan just blows right past it, preventing it from getting proper airflow. Has anyone else had this problem or found a solution to it?

• Corsair Employees

The side of the 250D is vented for graphics cards. You can try removing the dust filter to see if that improves airflow enough to get your 780 Ti to reasonable levels, but the 250D just isn't going to be able to perform on the level of an ATX case, even one as limited as the H440.

Now that said, we have this beauty en route, and with an H55 or H75, would most definitely solve your problems...and then some.

Corsair HG10 N780

Archived