Corsair Community

My hat's off to you Corsair

Merranza

Just a little token of appreciation.

I finally have succeeded at getting my hands on a K70 RGB in a local store here in Quebec. This keyboard is absolutely perfect.

When I unboxed that thing, I was looking up to those RGB keys for sure but I was amazed at the full aluminum body and overall feel of that keyboard. Worked like a charm once plugged in. Been having fun with the software to configure lights/profiles. Really this thing screams QUALITY!

Congratulations on everything, it's an amazing piece of hardware and it complements my 780t wonderfully :) I will recommend it to anyone looking for an enthusiast mech keyboard.

I have the brown switches version. It was the only one available here. I've tried my hands on a regular k70 red version in store and wasn't sure on the full linear/very light actuation force required so I went with brown. I'm still thorn with my choice though. I love my brown but I wonder if I should have went red instead and if I would have preferred red on the long run. I'm still in my 7 days return for my brown but that would mean I would have to return it, order it through Amazon (which is the only place where this thing is available around here) and wait at least a full month before being able to try it (2-4 weeks to ship according to Amazon).

Sometimes it's better to settle and enjoy what you already have. But still, I'm compulsive like that, and I always wonder if I made the right choice :)

Glad you like it. I love mine too. If it's worth anything to you, I had a K90 with reds before but I much prefer the browns. I'd be keeping hold if I were you :)

If I may ask: what do you own right now and what motivated your new preference of brown switches?

My hesitation comes in part from online reviews but also from my personal experience. I know some are calling brown switches "dirty reds". I wouldn't go that far. I do realize though that I bottom out on my brown more than I expected with the tactile bump. So I'm wondering since I'll be bottoming out anyways if reds wouldn't have been better with that linear feel for gaming and if that subtle bump isn't simply an hindrance.

Do you use the keyboard only for "gaming" or do you also type a lot with it? Red switches are more prone to typos if you type a lot.

Personally I prefer brown switches since I type a lot with the keyboard for work (programmer), I don't care about blue switches since they're far too loud for me.

Do you only use the keyboard only for "gaming" or do you type also a lot with it? Red switches are more prone to typos if you type a lot.

Personally I prefer brown switches since I type a lot with the keyboard for work (programmer), I don't care about blue switches since they're far too loud for me.

Hi terabyte :)

Well, I did build my system with gaming in my mind (i7-4790k, Gigabyte 980 GTX) but I also use it for other stuff (music composing, I work at home from time to time).

The red switches-typos link was what went through my mind when I tried the regular K70 in store. Though I've seen other people online state they were making a lot of typos at the beginning then got used to the light linear feel.

I've ruled out the blue switches for the same exact reason you stated. Do you use your keyboard only for coding/work or do you also game with it?

Hi terabyte :)

Well, I did build my system with gaming in my mind (i7-4790k, Gigabyte 980 GTX) but I also use it for other stuff (music composing, I work at home from time to time).

The red switches-typos link was what went through my mind when I tried the regular K70 in store. Though I've seen other people online state they were making a lot of typos at the beginning then got used to the light linear feel.

I've ruled out the blue switches for the same exact reason you stated. Do you use your keyboard only for coding/work or do you also game with it?

I use it for both work and gaming. Thought I'm not using brown switches right now, I'm using an old membrane keyboard until I get my hands on a K70 RGB brown.

I tried both red & brown switches a while ago to see what I preferred, a friend who had both let me try them for a couple of weeks.

I use it for both work and gaming. Thought I'm not using brown switches right now, I'm using an old membrane keyboard until I get my hands on a K70 RGB brown.

I tried both red & brown switches a while ago to see what I preferred, a friend who had both let me try them for a couple of weeks.

Ah that's really nice from your friend. That's one thing to *try* a keyboard in store, that's an entirely different story when you can try it for extended periods of time at your place. Most of the time in stores, the keyboard is not hooked up to a screen so even if you type on those keys, you get pretty much no sense of actuation on linear keys.

Thanks for your input too :)

If others reading this thread want to give their opinions on the red/brown dilemma, I'm listening! (or reading)

If I may ask: what do you own right now and what motivated your new preference of brown switches?

My hesitation comes in part from online reviews but also from my personal experience. I know some are calling brown switches "dirty reds". I wouldn't go that far. I do realize though that I bottom out on my brown more than I expected with the tactile bump. So I'm wondering since I'll be bottoming out anyways if reds wouldn't have been better with that linear feel for gaming and if that subtle bump isn't simply an hindrance.

I've a K70RGB with browns. I decided to change over since I was making a lot of typos with reds, I don't feel the bump as a hindrance at all even when gaming.

I've a K70RGB with browns. I decided to change over since I was making a lot of typos with reds, I don't feel the bump as a hindrance at all even when gaming.

Thank you for your answer. I'll probably get used to my switches after a while too.

I do realize though that I bottom out on my brown more than I expected with the tactile bump. So I'm wondering since I'll be bottoming out anyways if reds wouldn't have been better with that linear feel for gaming and if that subtle bump isn't simply an hindrance.

Does anyone really feel that tiny little bump and actually stop at that point? I know I don't. I type like I always have and that's pressing don until it stops (bottoms out) I can only feel the bump if I deliberately press it very slow and listen for it but when actually typing and gaming I press it till it stops. :eek:

. That's one thing to *try* a keyboard in store, that's an entirely different story when you can try it for extended periods of time at your place.

That's for sure. I bought a keyboard with blues (not corsair) and when I tried them in store I didn't think they were too loud but, it turns out, late at night in a quite house they sound like someone beating a clicky drum. lol

I really liked that keyboard too :[pouts:

Archived