Corsair Community

2x Value Select 4gb 1333 Issue

Noober

Hi everybody,

I've recently built a new computer with the following specifics:

CPU: Amd fx4300 3.8Ghz

Mb: Asrock 980DE3/U3S3

Ram:2x 4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz Corsair Value Select (CMV8GX3M2A1333C9)

Vga: Amd Radeon 6700

Hdd: Sata 7200rpm

Power supply: Thermaltake Berlin 630W

Running Windows 8.1 64bit version

By mounting both the ram modules as described on my md manual I get 8gb fully recognized by my bios but only 4 on windows. Using em separately one of the two regularly works at its full potential while the other won't even let the computer boot. No beeps, no usb peripherals leds turn on; the display keeps looking for signals as the computer weren't even turned on.

I brought this faulty ram module to a friend's and have it tested on his computer and, big surprise, it works without any problem. How's that possible? I checked every single slot of my mb and they all work with the first module and won't with the second.

What's going on? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Hiya! In the end I just put the faulty memory stick away until now and I've been using my computer with just 1 module.

Would anyone be so kind to take a look at my initial post and suggest me any possible solution?

I know I should probably just send it back and ask for a substitution but I hate the idea of having to ship em both, being a twin set...

• Corsair Employee
Hiya! In the end I just put the faulty memory stick away until now and I've been using my computer with just 1 module.

Would anyone be so kind to take a look at my initial post and suggest me any possible solution?

I know I should probably just send it back and ask for a substitution but I hate the idea of having to ship em both, being a twin set...

If a module is faulty, then there is no other alternative.

You might be able to set up an express RMA after being approved.

Archived