Corsair Community

Corsair 450D - Front Panel Won't Latch

TheRealArdrid

Hi all. I've run into an issue with my new case. As the title indicates, the front panel/grille will no longer stay shut. It was fine a few days ago but tonight, after installing the new I/O panel Corsair sent, it simply will not latch shut. It doesn't appear that anything was damaged or disturbed during the I/O panel replacement, so I'm at a complete loss.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

There aren't any wires that could get in the way. I'm referring to the front grille that covers the two intake fans. There are two corner latches that are supposed to keep the grille closed. Neither will latch and I can't determine why. Seems extremely odd that both would fail at the exact same time which makes me think there's gotta be an easy fix. Surely I'm not the first person to run into this...

Correct. The panel fits fine but won't latch. I tried depressing the latches with a screwdriver. They'll slide in and click but immediately release as soon as I let off the pressure. They don't appear to be locking. As I mentioned earlier, it seems crazy both latches would go at the exact same time.

Wow, this case is really starting to sour what was otherwise a great experience. The left latch completely snapped off in my attempt to get the panel to stay shut. Mind you, I wasn't exactly using a great deal of force either. Simply depressed the latch and next thing I hear is a snap. So now I've got a busted latch and a busted panel foot/hinge to go along with the I/O panel I had to replace.

Looks like this is gonna be an RMA. Hopefully the next one is better...

• 2 years later...