Corsair Community

What's with all of the double letter problems?

gamebynight

I have to say, I am getting a little concerned. I have been on this forum multiple times a day since I decided to get a Corsair RGB. Over the few days, many threads seem be popping up about keys triggering double letters. There seemed to be quite a few from the last few months but the concentration lately combined with the discontinuation of the Cherry MX Blue version has me pretty concerned that these new RGB switches may have a troublingly high failure rate.

I am not one to spend such a large amount on a keyboard. I can accept software issues because they can be fixed. One of the biggest reasons to buy a mechanical keyboard, however, is that the hardware is much more reliable than standard rubber domes. I will be very disappointed and put out if that money goes to waste three months out from purchase.

What do you guys think? Are these switches more prone to failure or is this a usual case of only the people with problems posting because the happy majority are content with their working keyboards?

I have to say, I am getting a little concerned. I have been on this forum multiple times a day since I decided to get a Corsair RGB. Over the few days, many threads seem be popping up about keys triggering double letters. There seemed to be quite a few from the last few months but the concentration lately combined with the discontinuation of the Cherry MX Blue version has me pretty concerned that these new RGB switches may have a troublingly high failure rate.

I am not one to spend such a large amount on a keyboard. I can accept software issues because they can be fixed. One of the biggest reasons to buy a mechanical keyboard, however, is that the hardware is much more reliable than standard rubber domes. I will be very disappointed and put out if that money goes to waste three months out from purchase.

What do you guys think? Are these switches more prone to failure or is this a usual case of only the people with problems posting because the happy majority are content with their working keyboards?

It can and does happen with any Cherry MX keyboard due to physical limitations with the construction of the switches. The metal contacts vibrate when the switch is hit. Some switches' contacts vibrate strongly enough that it can trigger multiple keystrokes. If it does occur, it can be fixed by replacing the switch (which would involve sending the keyboard for RMA) as well as through software means.

Chances are that you won't experience keyboard chatter for a long time after buying it, if at all. On a forum like this, you see a lot of posts about problems; however, it causes a disproportionate misrepresentation of how many people actually experience issues with the keyboard. Most people who don't have any problems don't make posts saying "No problems here!"

it's up to how manufacturer programmed firmware if it's occurs with new switches. In my opinion Corsair's doing fine for chatter filtering. Some manufacturer's mechanical keyboards chatters even in new condition because of ****ty firmware.

Archived