Corsair Community

How to switch profilers AND register as a key stroke

Navy Ken

I want to press the forward slash / and have it register as a key stroke and at the same time switch to a different profile. As far as I can tell I can either register a keystroke OR switch profiles but I cannot do both. Am I missing something?

No you're not missing anything. With the current version of the software this is not possible.

You're not alone though, I've seen several people ask for this. Let's hope that all these requests will make the devs include such option in a future update :)

It's not that surprising if you think about it. Here's a quick example: you have most of your keys light off while you play with a certain profile and only the keys for movement, skills and chat are lit. Once you press the chat button to write to your friends you'd like to press the chat button and have the board switch mode so that all the keys are lit and you can type properly the messages.

Having to press a different button just to change mode in this instance (especially if you just want to send a quick message) adds two unnecessary steps (one more when you need to change back mode after the message), of course most people nowadays use vocal chat but that's not always the case :D:

If you think of it like that you can see easily why people are asking for that ::pirate::

It's not that surprising if you think about it. Here's a quick example: you have most of your keys light off while you play with a certain profile and only the keys for movement, skills and chat are lit. Once you press the chat button to write to your friends you'd like to press the chat button and have the board switch mode so that all the keys are lit and you can type properly the messages.

Having to press a different button just to change mode in this instance (especially if you just want to send a quick message) adds two unnecessary steps (one more when you need to change back mode after the message), of course most people nowadays use vocal chat but that's not always the case :D:

If you think of it like that you can see easily why people are asking for that ::pirate::

I was wondering what it could be used for. :-) Good example!

Archived