Corsair Community

Has link been abandoned?

Klunt Bumskrint

But it doesn't work!!!!

Does everyone else now have link working?

Works but buggy.

for instance my Link is working as it detects my HXi PSU and the Commander Mini 5 fans, 4 thermal probes and 4 LED strips. but it hardly detects my H80i, and eventually creates duplicate GPU temp and fan speed gadgets. I have to restart the app about 5 times for the H80i to be detected.

If you need help in getting the LINK software and products working together. You can create a new thread in this sub-section or contact Corsair directly via their ticket system or phone and ask for assistance.

Ticket system.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

You can call Technical Support directly by calling Corsair's toll-free number on Skype for free.

If you need help in getting the LINK software and products working together. You can create a new thread in this sub-section or contact Corsair directly via their ticket system or phone and ask for assistance.

Ticket system.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

You can call Technical Support directly by calling Corsair's toll-free number on Skype for free.

But we know it's fundamentally broken, talking to customer service would be a waste of time.

I've tried every single thing listed in these forums. The software just doesn't work consistently as it should.

• Corsair Employees

You're right, it's not working consistently right now. But it's not abandoned, and we are working on it.

To you, the end user, it seems like you've had to wait eons for this software to work. I don't blame you. I can tell you there are serious changes being made internally and in the works to fix the framework of the software and frankly, just plain make it better and more functional.

I'm not an official but based off CES 2015. No, two new LINK compatible products have just been announced. HXi PSU and H110i GT CPU Cooler.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/ces2015

Already got the HXi PSU (HX750i) just like some other users on here... its been on sale for a few months now, just disapointed to find that the software does not work correctly :[pouts:

Glad to hear that there working on it though...

• 3 weeks later...
You're right, it's not working consistently right now. But it's not abandoned, and we are working on it.

To you, the end user, it seems like you've had to wait eons for this software to work. I don't blame you. I can tell you there are serious changes being made internally and in the works to fix the framework of the software and frankly, just plain make it better and more functional.

So any ETA?

I can tell you there are serious changes being made internally and in the works to fix the framework of the software and frankly, just plain make it better and more functional.

I think we can all agree that the changes that need to be made internally are to fire the lead in charge of Link. If the lead cannot get production or progress from their team, then they need to start replacing key individuals on their team, or the lead needs to go...period. What other company would allow this incompetency to continue any longer, WITHOUT accountability? Yes, that is a strong word, but if the shoe fits.

If you're going to advertise CL functionality and make it a main selling point for your hardware? It better darn work, and work remotely well for the majority. This isn't the launch of CL. How many years has it been integrated and promoted now? How many users have been misled by this advertising to ASSUME (silly) that they would have some software to adequately control this nice new hardware they spent their hard earned money on and to put some faith in a team, or rather company as a whole, who just cannot get the job done.

Where is the transparency to the paying customer? Where is the accountability here? Do the white collars know the Corsair name is being dragged through the mud with this project? I hear mutterings of how bad this software is, and in turn -- Corsair, from all corners of the web. Hold someone to the fire for goodness sake.

Prove us wrong, release a working product. If that cannot be done, shuffle the deck at corporate. How long are we going to play this game?!

-angry consumer

As not to break forum rules regarding competitors, I'll leave out the names of TWO......TWO currently developed software programs that can, right now, monitor Corsair Link, heck, one of them let's you control aspects with advanced function.

If a single person can implement advanced functionality into a software program that reports ALL of my Corsair products let alone all my GPUs without having to do ridiculous workarounds such as:

-registry edits

-disabling features in the BIOS

-continually reinstalling different versions

-swapping USB headers

-routing through other products

at the same time reporting every nuance of my system, then how can an entire team or even larger be unable to replicate the same functionality and reporting? Maybe it is "more complex than we think" I'm a layman, speaking from what I see.

All we're asking is for is either,

A) A functional release of Corsair Link that let's us use our hardware in the way it was designed and intended

-or-

B) A heck of a good reason as to WHY this isn't currently in our hands

Isn't that a fair request?

without having to do ridiculous workarounds such as -registry edits

SIV also needs the Registry Edit. If you specify -CRLCTL on the command line it will do this automatically or it can be done from [Link Devices] and the device restarted. There is no need for a reboot.

I found that driving the C-Link hardware is not that hard and is no more complex than I expected. I did all this without the datasheets, with them it would have been far easier.

The only issue I currently have is that SIV and CL cannot report the CL hardware at the same time. This is down to CL failing to implement a mutex to interlock access to the hardware. Both HWiNFO and SIV use the Global\Access_CorsairLink mutex to achieve this interlocking. It was at most a couple of days before Martin got the HWiNFO CL locking code 100% correct and working, so I can't see why Corsair have not added this to CL.

On a technical point both HWiNFO and SIV are native 64-bit programs and CL is still 32-bit. Windows XP x64 edition was released in 2005 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP_Professional_x64_Edition), so it's about time CL was 64-bit. I released SIV V4.00 on 14-Jul-2009 with 64-bit support three man months after starting the changes. At the same time I also added support for more than 64 CPUs which is why it took me such a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
There is any other software which let me control cooler LED and fans? Corsair Link is pretty broken and its annoying to use it...

Yes, my SIV (http://rh-software.com/) utility. The 4.51 release is pretty good, 4.52 is even better and should be released soon.

I guess you have not seen http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137428 or my post just before yours :confused:

Archived