Corsair Community

CUE - Shortcut Function?

MalsBrownCoat

Is it just me, or is there nowhere to tell the Shortcut function exactly which key you want to function to occur with?

I could swear that this was working before, because for example, I know that I had mapped my Pause/Break key to be "Calculator". So when I noticed that the function was no longer working, I went into CUE, under Shortcut, and there is nothing in there saying which key is used to actuate said shortcut now. o_0

For reference:

CUE 1.2.77

K70 RGB Firmware 1.15

Bootloader 0.09

Status - works normally

M65 RGB Firmware 1.16

Bootloader 0.22

Status - works normally

Ok, that worked, and thank you for the suggestion!

However, Corsair gents, it seems a bit counter-intuitive from a user perspective.

As a user, my first thought on the workflow is:

"I want to do an Action.

I haven't created this yet, so I need a New Action.

I want the New Action to be performed by a Shortcut.

The end result will be that I want the "X" key to be a Shortcut to perform the Action".

So logically, I look at the navigation and see, Oh look, there's something at the top that says "Actions".

Maybe I should go to Actions/New/Shortcut/Define Shortcut as X/Define Key to Perform Shortcut/Done.

But instead, I have to go to Profiles/Assignments and then... ...?

There are no queues (and no pun intended..."CUE"?...) to lead your user to what they want to do. I'm sure that the majority of people here are already well familiar with your hardware, your software and your tool sets, but for those who are new to this, it feels rather counter-intuitive and confusing.

Just simple feedback, along with appreciation for the outlet that you've provided us (such as these forums) to help one another.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

As I never use the numlock, so I reassign the button as shortcut to Calculator and it works.

But, is there a way to set it as a toggle? i.e., one press start the Calculator, press again close the Calculator. Instead of pressing the button 3 times starts 3 instance of calculator.

• 1 year later...
As I never use the numlock, so I reassign the button as shortcut to Calculator and it works.

But, is there a way to set it as a toggle? i.e., one press start the Calculator, press again close the Calculator. Instead of pressing the button 3 times starts 3 instance of calculator.

You can start a .CMD, .BAT, or .EXE that checks for Calculator running and either kills or starts it.