Corsair Community

Unable to Shutdown windows

airbusdriver

I recently purchased K70+M65 RGB. After I got home, I quickly installed CUE v1.3.7 and everythings run smoothly except when I shutdown my PC.

It kept getting stuck with CUE software unable to close because CUE couldn't find devices (My guess is that windows disconnected devices before closing CUE programs).

So, my question is "How to fix or get around this issue?"

I tried to find a way to use task schedule to close CUE when shutdown but no luck.

If anyone can write a script to do just that, pls help! I'm such a noobs.

However, I'm curious why don't anyone else has the same problem as me??

Or you just comfortable to click "End Now" every time you shutdown?

• 1 month later...
Are you using USB 2.0 or 3.0 for your devices? Are you using the latest updates available for all your hardware including BIOS? I ask because there shouldn't be a difference in detection between 1.3.70 and 1.3.91.

I'll check again. But, are you impling that 1.3.91 can fix the shutdown problem?

Otherwise I see no need for upgrading with more problems to be fix.

(which should have not been an issue for an "Official Stable Software/Driver" in the first place, whether I connected it thru USB2.0 or USB3.0)

Also, there should be an option to turn auto updating OFF as well.

No, he is not impling the new software version will resolve the issue, He is asking if you are using either USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports for the keyboard, If you are using the latest drivers for your hardware and are you using the latest BIOS for your motherboard.

Give this a go it should "resolve" CUE preventing Windows from shutting down.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/37417-autoendtask-apps-not-responding-shutdown-windows.html

No, he is not impling the new software version will resolve the issue, He is asking if you are using either USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports for the keyboard, If you are using the latest drivers for your hardware and are you using the latest BIOS for your motherboard.

Give this a go it should "resolve" CUE preventing Windows from shutting down.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/37417-autoendtask-apps-not-responding-shutdown-windows.html

First, OMG!!! Finally! Autoendtask works flawlessly! Now I can shutdown in peace. THANK YOU. Very much appreciated. Toasted, You are my savior.

Second, about my comment earlier. I knew what he implied. He meant that 1.3.91 will detect my latest M65 FW(not the M/B FW). What I'm saying is that it's not relevant at all (I can stay with 1.3.7 + old M65 FW just fine). The problem is CUE won't shutdown properly.

Lastly, for info to the corsair guy,

I did try both USB2.0 and USB3.0 and right now I'm using CUE 1.3.91 with M65 latest FW 1.19. I even tried turn USB charging in my BIOS both ON/OFF.

YES CUE can detect my mouse but NO CUE won't shutdown properly! Not without the "autoendtask regedit trick".

I apologize for my attitude. It's only because I've been so frustrated for a long while. Now, I rest my case. :dunno:

Archived