Corsair Community

Rm1000 causing system boot looping?

solidus311

I recently bought a corsair rm1000 as a future proof upgrade. My pc would boot for literally a half a second then shut down. Then proceed to automatically repeat this in a loop every 5 seconds or so.

I've done a ton of research, obviously not enough, and read I can't have too much power.

I have 2 hhd, h100i cooler, 3 140mm fans, disc drive, msi p67 -s40 motherboard.

I have an ssd and an r9 280x gpu ready to go in. But I'm reluctant to add any part to the system after hearing horror stories of psus frying things.

This problem happened to the first rm1000 and a replacement. Though I only swapped the box and no cables. Cables can't be bad right? I tried the paper clip test with the cpu port and hhd and my hI00i still hooked up (stupid probably) and it booted up!

I then put back my old antec 750 non modular and she purrs like a kitten .

So my question is, is there some voltage compatibility problem or something?

• Corsair Employees
I recently bought a corsair rm1000 as a future proof upgrade. My pc would boot for literally a half a second then shut down. Then proceed to automatically repeat this in a loop every 5 seconds or so.

I've done a ton of research, obviously not enough, and read I can't have too much power.

I have 2 hhd, h100i cooler, 3 140mm fans, disc drive, msi p67 -s40 motherboard.

I have an ssd and an r9 280x gpu ready to go in. But I'm reluctant to add any part to the system after hearing horror stories of psus frying things.

This problem happened to the first rm1000 and a replacement. Though I only swapped the box and no cables. Cables can't be bad right? I tried the paper clip test with the cpu port and hhd and my hI00i still hooked up (stupid probably) and it booted up!

I then put back my old Antec 750 non modular and she purrs like a kitten .

So my question is, is there some voltage compatibility problem or something?

Two PSUs and the same problem, but you've yet to swap the cables... that would make me think there's a problem with one of the cables. Maybe a short or something... or just a bad connection.

The other thing could be the PG Signal. Could be an incompatibility with the signal's timing. But that's easy to fix if the board has a newer BIOS available. Just use your Antec to flash the BIOS and try the RM1000 again.

Archived