Corsair Community

Which case fans for 750D?

antik

Hi all,

I'm going to use the stock 120mm fans for the front intake and I will have the H100i fans exhausting from the top. I want to remove the hard drive cages and put 2 intakes on the bottom and I want to replace the rear exhaust with an aftermarket purely for aesthetics. Not sure if I need to use high static pressure fans for these or just good CFM? There will be some obstruction but obviously not as much as pushing air through a rad..

So high static pressure fans aren't needed for intake even if there is the case grille + mesh filter they need to suck air through? I'm thinking of getting the white LED Corsair fans for bottom intake and rear exhaust.. thoughts on corsair LED fans?

I have Sp140s on the front. The airflow is so bad in the case due to the choked front panel that it doesnt matter if its AF140 or SP140 you wont get any air flow worth anything. From what I understand SP fans are for resistance on the push side of the fan and the intake side of the fan doesnt benefit from the SP design. In other words AF and SP both pull air in the same but SP will be able to force the air forward better if it is blocked by something.

Anyways the SPs dont help the 750D much at all. If you stack hard drives in front of the intake then maybe SP is worth it but the air flow is SO BAD that unless you run it with the front panel off, the front intake will be choked by its poor design.

I wasn't aware the front intakes were so bad? I have bought the case but am yet to use it. Looking at the design it seems to look like it would work by sucking air in around the front panel?

Sounds like I'll HAVE to have the bottom intakes after all. BTW I have removed all HDD cages as I will only be running 2.5" drives and will be using the SSD mounts

[ame=

]
[/ame]

You will notice a huge difference in the volume of intake with the panel off vs on. With that said, I own two of the cases one with SP fans, one with AF stock fans in the front. No difference. Corsair was planning on replacing the front panel but nothing seemed to have come out of that after a year of waiting except for false hope.

Whatever you do, do not block the intake fans by stacking the hard drives in front of them. This will just make the problem even worse :)

The bottom line though is, SP or AF.. you wont notice much difference due to the poor front panel design.

Its a nice case though overall but not perfect.

Archived