Corsair Community

Possible fix for malfunctions

TheBoom

I've been having these issue since the day I bought my keyboard about a week ago. Hangs upon launch of steam, or any other game and same for spamming any keys. Sometimes it would just hang after a an hour or so for no reason. Tried everything from workarounds to bios updates etc. Even tried plugging it into 2 USB 2.0 ports instead of a 3.0 port.

Just today I read somewhere that there might be a difference between plugging the keyboard into an Intel USB 3.0 port vs the Asmedia 3.0 port.

So I tried it, and WALA, all the issues I seemed to have disappeared. Now I can spam any button on the keyboard, as well as launch any game including steam and the keyboard doesn't go into psycho mode. I'm guessing it's some sort of compatibility issue with the Asmedia USB driver. An update on that driver might help but I haven't tried it since I do have the Intel USB 3.0 ports for use and it solved my problems.

This may work for some but not for all. Nevertheless just my 2 cents and hope it helps.

Some motherboard manuals include a diagram depicting which are the Intel and Asmedia USB 3.0 ports. Mine didn't have that but there was however a "device map/manager" in the bios which depicted the different ports and the devices that were connected in real time.

I've been having these issue since the day I bought my keyboard about a week ago. Hangs upon launch of steam, or any other game and same for spamming any keys.

Steam is a known issue. Hotfix: FIRST start Steam and AFTER that start CUE.

But hopefully all that get's fixed soon.

Good luck.

I previously had my K70 RGB plugged into the VL800 chip USB, but then moved it to the Intel USB and now the freezing has stopped completely. Don't have to launch steam before CUE!

My motherboard is a gigabyte z77x-d3h v1.0.

Archived