Corsair Community

filter H100i if used an exhuast?

carlosriosness

my setup:

storm scout 2 case

2 noctuas pulling air in the front (have a semi filter grill)

1 side fan that only comes on when the system hits a certain temp (just installed a thermaltake magnetic filter)

1 rear exhuast fan

h100i rad mounted on top (externally), 2 noctuas mounted internally pushing air out (exhaust)

now i know there are 100 recommendations on the best setup, but this is what i have choose for now.

i was installing my hx850i yesterday and did a quick clean, i noticed my rad had a good amount of dust hidden in it.

would it be beneficial to place filters on my noctuas that blow up and out through my rad?

if so, are they any recommendations for a good filter that can be easily removed and cleaned?

UPDATE: i have used clear packing tape to cover the side fan that is not in use. and i used blue painting tape to cover the center bottom fan, as well as the random holes on the back; to hopefully create a better airflow with less leaks.

thank you,

Carlos

The problem is that case. I recently moved from a Storm Scout 2 to a H440 for that same reason, too much dust inside because of the bottom dust intake and side fan intakes..

The case does not offer good dust protection. I ended up getting demci dust filters for the front and side fans which did cut down on the dust but not much. The front default dust filter does not protect much and is a pain to clean.

Something that can help is setting the fans up on the outside of the case and the H100i inside in a pull config. Then is would be easy to clean with compressed air.

thanks for the tips.

i never really thought to do a pull, i dont know why, in my head i think a push would be more efficient, but i dont really know.

i should add, i have taped off the empty fan grills in the case. i used clear tape for the empty side panel, and blue painting tape for the center bottom grill.

would you happen to have a link for the grill you bought for the front of the case? or maybe you have yours to sell? i purchased one for the side, seems to be similar to the demci models. also, there website shows "I/D" and "O/D" filters, do you happen to know the difference?

now that i think. setting it up how you recommend might work, especially if i could find a magnetic filter that fits the RAD perfectly. then it would go (top to bottom):

fans on top of case

rad in case

magnetic filter

so all i would have to do it open the side panel, pull off the filter and shack it off. now to find a filter that fits the rad perfectly.

You could also try going for positive pressure i.e. more air coming in than going out. Then, rather than unfiltered air being sucked in through every gap in your case, air would be blown out. When I had a 100i fitted to the top of a 750D as an exhaust, I had the top rear fan pulling air in, that combined with the 2 front filtered fans (with the front panel off) meant that very little dust got into my case. You could also use your side panel fan (filtered) to boost the pressure and blow onto your graphics card.

thanks for the tips.

i never really thought to do a pull, i dont know why, in my head i think a push would be more efficient, but i dont really know.

i should add, i have taped off the empty fan grills in the case. i used clear tape for the empty side panel, and blue painting tape for the center bottom grill.

would you happen to have a link for the grill you bought for the front of the case? or maybe you have yours to sell? i purchased one for the side, seems to be similar to the demci models. also, there website shows "I/D" and "O/D" filters, do you happen to know the difference?

now that i think. setting it up how you recommend might work, especially if i could find a magnetic filter that fits the RAD perfectly. then it would go (top to bottom):

fans on top of case

rad in case

magnetic filter

so all i would have to do it open the side panel, pull off the filter and shack it off. now to find a filter that fits the rad perfectly.

I used two of these

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11723/ffi-51/DEMCiflex_Dual_120mm_Magnetic_Dust_Fan_Filter_-_Dual_Radiator_or_Fans_-_Steel_Aluminum_Plastic_Chassis.html?tl=g47c223s1024

The one for the front fits perfectly but may block the bottom external bay and I placed the second on the side intake. I actually still have the case, I will take some pictures of how it looks when I get home from work. I also had to use high static pressure fans to get air moving through the filters (they are micro mesh and really good), this is done with six CM Jetflo 120 fans.

attachment.php?attachmentid=20392&stc=1&d=1420685124

attachment.php?attachmentid=20393&stc=1&d=1420685124

front.thumb.PNG.218697f7d6666c2dfd7b3d9f4ef6527a.PNG

IMAG2924.thumb.jpg.1a79fffb4313735481e4b802ff3147c5.jpg

To see the whole list of cases they have filter sets for,

http://www.demcifilter.com/c3/Filters-For-Your-Computer.aspx

and if you do not see your case there, you can submit dimensions:

"DEMCiflex has a deal for you!

If you do not see filters for your PC case or device, you can send us the measurements, and you can receive a full REFUND on your order.

Here is how it works:

Step 1:

Measure all the vents on your case.

Send us the measurements or drawings of the filters you will need to sales@demcifilter.com.

For more info on how to do this, you can visit the following page:

Custom Filters

If you are unsure about anything, or need any help, you can email sales@demcifilter.com for more assistance. We will help you, and guide you through any difficulties.

Note that this offer is only available if you order a whole filter kit (all the vents are filtered with DEMCiflex filters)..............................

.........................(and on and on)

• 1 year later...
Hi Carlos

I recommend to use the DEMCIflex filters or the DustEND filters. These dust filters can easily remove and clean.

its funny you mention that. i just received the 120mm OD filter (with 3m) in the mail on friday.

but its not going to work for my needs. i have 2 intake fans in the front of my PC with no direct grill. i was hoping the demiflex would sit right on top, but ofcourse since its intake, it sucks the filter enough to touch the center piece of the fan and make noise.

i guess i would have to get a metal grill on the front of the fan then but the demi on top of that.

Archived