Corsair Community

memory compatibility CMV4GX3M1A1333C9

djvox

Hi, i saw the memory finder to select and then bought 2 modules of CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 for my Asus P7P55LX mobo with an intel I5 660 @ 3,33 . The problem is they don't work. I did all the memory test ( the computer is frozening btw), bios update etc. Please help me with a suggestion. Thanks

does 1 stick at a time work?

if you wanted 8 gb a single matched pair is strongly suggested and supported.

combining 2 packages of ram is not supported.

having said that, have you tried different slots swapping them around?

http://www2.corsair.com/configurator/new_configurator_product_results.aspx?sc=&id=1330504 any of the factory matched 8Gb kits would do better as they are factory matched and supported.

what happens with 1 stick at a time?

Please try and reseat the CPU,a pin could have lost contact if your sticks dont work in any slot and they are listed on the link i posted, you can try an RMA but do you have any others to try? is this a recent build? its rare you get 2 new bad sticks which is why im suggesting to reseat your CPU.

let us know!

cpu reset didn't solved it, i tried from a friend 2x cmz4gx3m1a1600c9 and worked( first i set the xmp in bios and it created a profiel by itself, then i press memok and changed all to auto). also the corsair proposed me for RMA the CMX8GX3M2B1333C9, i don't know what to choose.

i would accept the proposed RMA replacement, at least you will still have the full warranty and a matched kit.

i didnt see that part# on the configurator though (i could be blind too ;) )but XMS ram is pretty good with compatibility. double check with them, if they say it will work in your board then i would take it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived