Corsair Community

Warranty question about an AX860 and an TX750

What is the remaining Warranty on a brand new AX860 PSU from manufacture that has replaced an RMA PSU? Not sure when the replacement was sent and when the RMA took place since i'm buying it from a seller that is selling this brand new AX860 PSU to me. Not sure if its refurbished or factory reconditioned and i did sent him a message in regards.

Effective April 15, 2014: AX PSU's have 7 years warranty

or...

Corsair offers a 1 year, replacement-only warranty for refurbished or factory reconditioned PSUs, Cases and Cooling units.

So not sure which applies to this purchase.

Also i've bought a TX750W v1 sometime in 2010 and noticed recently a buzzing noise coming from the inside of the psu. The TX750W was boxed until March of 2014 when i started my new build. So the psu wasn't even installed since purchase. I've had it installed for barely 10 months before this buzzing noise started. This buzzing noise started sometime around December of 2014. I'm not sure where i've purchased the psu since its been so long and i do not have any receipts on the purchase. Was wondering if i still have any warranty left on it? Thanks in advance.

If you are buying it off another user, there will be no warranty. If you do purchase the PSU and encounter any issues with the PSU, you will need to contact your seller to RMA the PSU for you.

Corsair provides a non-transferable warranty to the purchaser of Corsair hardware product purchased from an authorized Corsair reseller.

More information on Corsair's warranty policy can be found here; http://www.corsair.com/en/warranty

It is probably best to post your PSU issue here; http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=178

The previous PSU had an R or RU at the end of the serial number that was sent for RMA. Then the seller received this new PSU which he is now selling. Not sure why you would think a seller is a user or that this PSU doesn't have any warranty left. How can a company sell a PSU to a customer and not allow the customer to sell the psu to someone else without any warranty? I've bought plenty of components for my system that was sold and had warranty. Maybe Corsair needs to change their warranty policy. What about the TX750W PSU that was questioned in my previous post in regards to warranty?

• 4 weeks later...
I've tried asking the rep while he was processing my RMA for the TX750 PSU in regards to the new psu he will be shipping me in replacement and he forgot to mention it through his last reply. How long is the warranty on this PSU that Corsair shipped me? Its a brand new still in concealed box, Corsair RM 750. I don't see any letters in the serial number, if its refurbished or a factory reconditioned.

Archived