Corsair Community

Where is the best location the H60 cooler

Enthusiastic

I am building an AMD system which is described in the PC Specs. I am awaiting delivery of my build.

I will need to place the Corsair H60 Cooler into a Fractal Design Define R4 case. I have two options: leave the stock fan at the back and mount the radiator on the top as shown here for another model of Corsair cooler [ame]

[/ame] or move the stock fan to the top and place the radiator at the back. The second option looks better because hot air rises and the stock fan on the top would evacuate the air pulled in by the Corsair fan on the back. There is also another fan at the front the draws air in the case.

If I find that the corsair Vengeance long heat sink interfere with the tubing, can I safely rotate the pump block to place the tubing elsewhere?

I don't think there is a best location for a radiator. Unless there are results which prove that mounting the radiator in a location over another e.g. a top mount is better than the rear as it reduces temperatures by X amount. If the X amount is worth the change then i would recommend the top. But without any results, i would install it to the rear. You can mount it to the top if that is what you prefer as it will be still fine. (Just make sure the tubing is not putting too much stress on the barbs on the block)

Yes, it's fine, the block can be rotated if the something interferes with the tubing.

I agree, just install it to the back of the case. Put the extra fan wherever you want or leave the top of the case sealed up to reduce noise.

On a user forum not known for the accuracy of its information, a user has claimed that the H60 only cool the CPU while overheating the rest of his case. I can only assume that his case cannot eliminate the heat caused by the fact that the H60 blows hot air inside the case. The problem seems to be his case or misuse of case fans, not the H60. I am reluctant not to relocate the fan to the top because it will take out the hot air that has passed through the H60 radiator. The fundamental laws of thermodynamic result in hot air rising, so the top exhaust will not go back in the radiator intake.

I did research the case with the same care as the rest of the build. My case is of high quality and at the boxing day price, far less expensive then the competition.

It is important to research the case in order to avoid pathetic offerings such as this case that can damage the motherboard when a soldered expansion slot cover is pushed in. http://www.legitreviews.com/rosewill-galaxy-03-atx-mid-tower-case-review_129185/5 . On a quality case, we remove a screw and we pull the slot cover up.

I am done with my build, the H60 is maintaining the almost idle processor at 35C.

I have encountered a difficulty because, contrary to Intel, the AM3+ socket does not have a steel rectangle around the processor. Wher I applied the H60 on the CPU, I accidentally removed the processor from its socket. The processor did stick to the H60 and I pulled it put of the socket.

I have removed the H60, unglued the processor from it, replace the processor correctly, put back the H60 on it and finally, the red CPU malfunction led went out.

I wonder if I should apply a fresh coat of thermal paste on the CPU. As it is now, the original thermal paste has stick on the CPU.

I am new to UEFI BIOS and I have realised that XP cannot be installed on this computer. I have searched the Internet and the problem is well known. The XP boot CD crashes before displaying the Windows logo. I have installed Linux Mint until I acquire Windows 7.

For now, the highest temperature recorded was 35C bit I did not push the CPU hard yet.

Archived