Corsair Community

Just finished my first profile... (Rainbow)

Let me know what you think! Everything has a fade to rainbow reactive touch, the right main and 10key banks both have rainbow ripples coming out from center key, arrow key has a wave on press. Macroes have a rainbow that goes straight up, and there is a side to side wave that comes occasionally. Everything is regionally lit, as well. Function key has a slow scroll of rainbow going through it against a white light, and when depressed the key flashes red and white. The media keys have an occasional wave too. The windows flag turns yellow when its unlocked, and blue when it is locked. This software is actually pretty intuitive, once you get it figured out!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pv0y-E9Lhs[/ame]

Everyone has different desires, I personally can't handle too many colors on one board; color/saturation overload! x.x

I like the idea, but I'd do it with a very limited selection of colors like I do my Reactive Typing profiles.

I do like the megarainbowstraight profile though.

Negative ripple effects would be useful for 'water/water drop' type profiles. We need a really good water drop profile that isn't just a bunch of meh.

... Still trying to figure out key-centric ripples that will cancel out preexisting lights for a negative rainbow effect as well on it.

While this keyboard is capable of pretty much anything to do with lighting combinations, it relies on the software. While CUE is pretty neat when you look at all it can do, it is fairly limited - this being one of the limitations. Here, it would be cool if, when assigning multi-key (or any) lighting effects, there were options on how to handle the key/group default color. eg: Override, reverse, blend, cancel-out.

If Corsair isn't working on a more comprehensive software platform to control lighting for this keyboard, it would be nice of them to opensource CUE so the community can build upon it. The USB communication has already been reverse engineered, so if someone or some people had the initiative, a new software platform could emerge, possibly.

While this keyboard is capable of pretty much anything to do with lighting combinations, it relies on the software. While CUE is pretty neat when you look at all it can do, it is fairly limited - this being one of the limitations. Here, it would be cool if, when assigning multi-key (or any) lighting effects, there were options on how to handle the key/group default color. eg: Override, reverse, blend, cancel-out.

If Corsair isn't working on a more comprehensive software platform to control lighting for this keyboard, it would be nice of them to opensource CUE so the community can build upon it. The USB communication has already been reverse engineered, so if someone or some people had the initiative, a new software platform could emerge, possibly.

Agreed this is the only nature progression of a community focused program.

They most likely are trying to keep it proprietary like most companies do, since they are usually worried about other manufacturer's.

Like you mentioned so far the keyboard is really only limited by the software, but also by the on-board hardware and CPU of the users PC. So advancing the software's capabilities and efficiency is a MUST for any kind of natural progression to take place.

I think part of it may be, the superusers really willing to go the extra mile to make the profiles arent the intended consumer; bolstering product attractiveness by advertising customization already nets them the majority demographic, why spend more R&D than necessary with diminishing returns? My $.02. A development kit for interacting with applications, in addition to a template for the display controller interfacing, would be the best end-result in my opinion, with minimal work required for Corsair while leaving the options open for end-result.

Archived