fifo

hi,

I have just completed assembling my pc which consists of

asus x99 deluxe mb

intel 5930k cpu

cooler corsair h80i

corsair dominator platinum memory 32gb.

psu corsair axi 760

I have evetything connected besides the graphics card. I started the system up, everything is ok for the first two minutes approx, then I start hearing a high pitch sound and it seems to be coming from the middle right of the case, not 100% sure though, when I press the reset button on the motherboard the sound goes away and comesback after two minutes when the motherboard error code displays AE (legacy boot event) after the d6 error code (no graphics card). if I disconnect all sata devices I do not get the AE (legacy boot event )error code and no high pitched sound after two minutes. thus its not the h80i.

theres one strange thing I have noticed, to check whether this high pitch sound is coming from the psu I tried another axi 760 psu, now with this psu the light on the h80i (that lights up the text corsair) did not light up but the fan connected to the h80i was running and the optical and hard drives connected to the same sata ribbon sounded like their were running (the sort of sound optical and hard drives make) I don't know if the h80i pump was running, I hope so as I had the system on for a few minutes. now this time I did not get the AE error code (legacy boot event) after d6 (no graphics card) and no high pitched sound so I am puzzled. It would be nice if the psu was cause of the issue as it is easier to replace but I think the sata power from this psu is not working properly because the h80i light did not come on but the hard drives did. how do you explain this?if the fan connected to the h80i is running does this mean the pump is also getting power ( basically does it use the same power line off the sata coonector)?is the cpu block light powered of a different line or 5v?I am trying to understand why the cpu block light is not coming on with this psu but the fan is where as on my other psu both fan and cpu block light come on.

why don't I get the AE (legacy boot event ) or the high pitched sound with the second psu? STRANGE!

Archived