Corsair Community

Lights freezing

Chrissssyx

Hello,

I recently got my K95 RGB keyboard and after a while of trying to figure out the CUE I downloaded some profiles for the Corsair website and applied them. These profiles all work fine with the keyboard but occasionally the lights on the keyboard completely freeze. This happens with almost all of the profiles that I have used on a regular basis and even has happened with the default profiles on the CUE. I have tried reinstalling the CUE and removing the drivers for the keyboard but it still freezes. The keyboard still works normally and as I type this the lights are currently frozen but all other functions work properly.

Anyone got any idea as to how I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I recently got my K95 RGB keyboard and after a while of trying to figure out the CUE I downloaded some profiles for the Corsair website and applied them. These profiles all work fine with the keyboard but occasionally the lights on the keyboard completely freeze. This happens with almost all of the profiles that I have used on a regular basis and even has happened with the default profiles on the CUE. I have tried reinstalling the CUE and removing the drivers for the keyboard but it still freezes. The keyboard still works normally and as I type this the lights are currently frozen but all other functions work properly.

Anyone got any idea as to how I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Plenty on threads about this already. Welcome to the club. Corsair need to fix CUE software.

Since I think the keyboard is driven like a "display" and is being refreshed up to a 1000 times every second, the data flood over usb is not so small. If I understood it correctly, that is one reason why up to now, there is no full RGB/16.8m color range transmitted to the keyboard.

That combined with usb driver, usb chipset driver and all the other USB related problems you can have (I remember many issues with my usb soundcards from avid/maudio/focusrite), there is a lot Corsair has to do to ensure a robust driver for their RGB keyboards.

Let us all hope that they release a fix soon.

I am lucky, since it works well with my mobo/system. Hopefully you guys can enjoy your keyboard soon, too!

Archived