Corsair Community

K65 RGB keyboard's leds/lights freeze!?

Jimmy_D

So i just bought the Corsair k65 in stores today (1/3/15). I love this keyboard to death and this is my very first RGB/Mechincal keyboard. I got some lighting going and i started to type with this keyboard. As ripple effects were going on all of sudden the lights froze on the keyboard at certain frame. This has happened many times today, and i had to remove the device and re-install it, and unplug the usb cables and re plug them back in for the lights to start working. So all i ask is can you people out there please tell me whats wrong and how to fix it please? I honestly love what Corsair has made and these very cool products.

Update: So when i press caps lock or hold alt it makes the keys that are doing effects freeze and not do what there suppose to do. So if you guys can figure out whats happening that would be very cool!

So i just bought the Corsair k65 in stores today (1/3/15). I love this keyboard to death and this is my very first RGB/Mechincal keyboard. I got some lighting going and i started to type with this keyboard. As ripple effects were going on all of sudden the lights froze on the keyboard at certain frame. This has happened many times today, and i had to remove the device and re-install it, and unplug the usb cables and re plug them back in for the lights to start working. So all i ask is can you people out there please tell me whats wrong and how to fix it please? I honestly love what Corsair has made and these very cool products.

Update: So when i press caps lock or hold alt it makes the keys that are doing effects freeze and not do what there suppose to do. So if you guys can figure out whats happening that would be very cool!

Yea i get the same issue as well but i believe it just with the firmware, hopefully corsair can see this and fix it ASAP

I just picked up a K65 RGB keyboard as well and have been running into this same problem. Good to know I'm not alone, and yeah hopefully there is a fix in bound. The great feel of the keyboard while seeing the rainbow ripples as I type this, is still so worth it.

It's only happened a couple times so far, but both times it was when a Hulu stream was starting up and the Hulu stream would freeze as well til I did a refresh. So I'm going to keep an eye on if that is related.

• 2 months later...

Archived