Corsair Community

Is there a permanent or easier "Bat Wing 3" fix?

Glor Narzig

So I've picked up on the Bat Wing 3 issue that's been plaguing profiles. Curse you whoever made it...

Anyway, I only noticed it after creating a bunch of my own profiles and now it seems they too are infected. Is there any way of doing a purge of this damn thing other than deleting the folder and starting again? I tried to manually delete them from the HID folder using Notepad++ as recommended in another thread but to no avail.

Thanks guys.

Yep, that's the issue. I tried what Reapexx said but it still didn't work. I've since reset and started from scratch but I fear if I start importing other people's profiles it will happen again hence my wondering if there's any other fixes.

You have to remove every instance from every file, and make sure CUE is closed before doing this.

You have to remove every instance from every file, and make sure CUE is closed before doing this.

Do you need to restart the PC? Tried this last night and this was about the only thing I didn't try.

EDIT: Never mind, I did another pass of the profiles and there were multiple instances in the one profile. I've now cleaned them and exported them as clean versions.

Thanks for all the help.

Do you need to restart the PC? Tried this last night and this was about the only thing I didn't try.

EDIT: Never mind, I did another pass of the profiles and there were multiple instances in the one profile. I've now cleaned them and exported them as clean versions.

Thanks for all the help.

No problem. It took a while for me to figure it out how to fix it, and I have no idea which profile on here is causing it.

Archived