Corsair Community

Another H100i not showing up in CLink on windows 8.1

meremortal

Hi,

I've recently built a new PC - MSI X99S Gaming 9 AC, Intel 5820K, Corsair RM850 PSU, GTX970 video card, GSkill Ram, Samsung SSD and so forth and of course an H100i

I'm running CL 2.7.5361 and it's just not showing the pump or fans.

The fans and pump are running but I can't control the fans or see their speeds.

I've tried all of the following

Q: Corsair Link does not detect my hardware, I have checked the cables and they are secure. What now?

A: Corsair Link relies on the standard USB Plug-n-Play device connection and detection methods, but sometimes component variances and other configuration options can cause Corsair Link to not detect some hardware items. If you are not seeing your device, close Corsair Link completely and try one of the following:

Unplug the Corsair Link USB plug from your motherboard and reboot your system. Then re-attach the USB plug and reboot once more. This can force a re-detection.

Go to Device Manager and click “Scan for Hardware Changes”, this can sometimes assist as well.

Stop Corsair Link Hardware monitor under task manager then uninstall the software from the control panel including all the profiles. Install the Corsair Link SW again then go to “Options” tab and then click “Reset to defaults” then shutdown the system. Unplug the USB connector from the USB header then plug it back in to the same header or try a different header, then turn the system back on.

I've also tried a new cable and running it to the back to a USB port rather than off the mobo header.

Still no joy.

This registry path doesn't even exist as seems to be a common "fix"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04

Sooo anything else I can try?

I've submitted a ticket with Corsair but they are on holidays.

Thanks for your time

I've done that and also all of this as recommendation from Corsair.

Created By: Justin G. (1/2/2015 9:49 AM)

- Uninstall the Corsair Link software and Link USB dongle through Windows Control Panel

- Go to file explorer, enable "Show hidden files, folder and drives"

- Delete the following directory: C:\Users\"System name"\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

- Restart your system

- Install the new Corsair Link software

http://softwaredownloads.corsair.com/Files/Corsair-Link/CorsairLink_Installer_RC_v2.7.5339.zip

I've also moved the Corsair USB cable to a different mobo header to test whether the header wasn't working. It's not the mobo header. I've also tried a USB cable to the back of the mobo.

Windows just won't "see" the H100i.

If Windows does not see the H100i even with a mini USB B to type A cable. It's possible the H100i's firmware is not working properly. If the fans are connected to the H100i are the fan speeds being adjusted based on the coolant temperatures? Is the H100i's L.E.D. on?

Have you tried looking in Device Manager? Are there any unknown devices?

If Windows does not see the H100i even with a mini USB B to type A cable. It's possible the H100i's firmware is not working properly. If the fans are connected to the H100i are the fan speeds being adjusted based on the coolant temperatures? Is the H100i's L.E.D. on?

Have you tried looking in Device Manager? Are there any unknown devices?

The H100i pump is running as I have it connected to a fan header and it's displaying a speed of 2339/2340RPM consistently.

The H100i pump light is on it's white.

I'm assuming the H100i pump is working as the CPU is remaining cool at approx 30C at idle.

The fans are relatively silent at boot but as soon as I do any gaming or intense activity the fans ramp up to what seems to be 100% or close to it - very very loud - the same intensity that they do at boot for a small period of time - and they just don't come back down again so it's quite frustrating and loud. Fan speeds are not displayed in Clink. I cannot control fan speeds in clink which makes sense as I cannot see the H100i which the fans are connected to.

How can I update the firmware on the H100i if the H100i can't be seen by windows?

Yes there is a device in Device Manager that's not installed - Other Devices => PCI Device

Not sure what that is. Been focusing on the H100i for now.

It sounds like the H100i is working normally as expected which would probably be the motherboard not detecting the USB device as being connected or something similar.

Do you have the latest BIOS and chipset drivers installed?

Have you tried a different USB port e.g. a USB 2.0 port that is controlled by the Intel chipset instead of a third party chipset?

So here are the three things to try as told to me by the CL product manager:

- Enable EHCI in BIOS.

- Disable xHCI in BIOS.

- Install the Corsair Link software as admin.

Wouldn't disabling xHCI will turn off USB 3.0 entirely, making all the ports USB 2.0?

I am having the exact same problem w/ Asus Z87-PRO, H100i, Win 8.1 64MB, i7-4770k.

I have also tried every suggestion. It truly appears to be a USB detection issue as it never sees the h100i in Device Manager. Is it possible we have bad cables?

So here are the three things to try as told to me by the CL product manager:

- Enable EHCI in BIOS.

- Disable xHCI in BIOS.

- Install the Corsair Link software as admin.

I tried this no difference.

Corsair asked me to try this:

Please install an older version of Corsair Link and see if the issue persists.

Please install version 2.5.5145 located on this forum thread here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=118618

If the issue persists, please install 2.4.5110 and see if the issue persists.

No joy

I'm fed up now - just want to use and enjoy this PC so will be moving the fans from the H100i pump to mother board headers. It's a real shame.

I had 3 H100i's and I couldn't get any of them to consistently work with Windows, the best I managed was 2 days with one of them. The other 2 were never detected, Link tried to update the firmware and turned them into paperweights. The H100i itself was very good, the software let it down.

I had 3 H100i's and I couldn't get any of them to consistently work with Windows, the best I managed was 2 days with one of them. The other 2 were never detected, Link tried to update the firmware and turned them into paperweights. The H100i itself was very good, the software let it down.

Yeh they should just go back to H100 without the "i" seeing as the "i" is literally not fit for purpose. Pay an extra $49 for a feature that doesn't work. I had an H100 a couple of builds ago and that worked great. You could set the speed by clicking the light in the centre of the pump. Nice and simple and it worked.

Admittedly I would have liked the "i" but hey you can't win them all. Can't deny I'm disappointed though.

Hello I to am having this problem and would like to get it fixed.

I have also tried all that is mentioned above. I also tried the RegEdit solution that seems to have worked for a lot of people. Here is a [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsyo6nvlcf0]link [/ame]to the solution. But it doesnt work for me since the this (AllowIdleIrpInD3) is missing from the list. All others are set to 0.

Also the h100i is seen as device bridge in devices and printers folder.

I installed the version 2.7.5339 and it work perfectly well on the first installed. After installed and reboot It ask me to reboot again because it detect some hardware. I reboot and bingo all the info was showing up. Hope it work for you.

There is a later version than that. I've tried the last 4 versions. None have brought any resolution.

Two of our in house solutions are to install as admin, and if that doesn't work (although you do need to install as admin regardless), enable EHCI in BIOS.

Yeh I've done all that. I'm running the fans off the mobo fan headers for now atleast they ramp down again normally after gaming.

I'm trying two last things - I'll try running the H100i USB to my laptop see if it picks it up and I've ordered a PCI USB card with internal USB connecters so hopefully it's picked up by that.

After that no ideas. Frustrating and annoying. Firstworldproblems sure but yeh whatever. I won't be buying another one that's for sure.

Archived