Corsair Community

Keypress effect possible?

Is it possible to press a key and have the keys touching it on all its sides light up a different color for X amount of seconds and then go off. Example: I press the G key and the TYHBVF keys light up to a certain color and then turn off 1 second later.

I've tried it with a ripple effect but the effect takes too long to spread to the keys. They are dark longer than they are lit.

I get what your saying. I'm messing with it now and i'll get back to you in a bit cx

I found a quick but kind of sloppy way to do it.

I made 3 groups for the letter G

Group 1 - all keys around G with G included

Group 2 - Just G

Group 1 has a very bright green solid colour when pressed

Group 2 has white

this gives the effect you want, but because G is in both groups the white does look a tad green

I get what your saying. I'm messing with it now and i'll get back to you in a bit cx

I found a quick but kind of sloppy way to do it.

I made 3 groups for the letter G

Group 1 - all keys around G with G included

Group 2 - Just G

Group 1 has a very bright green solid colour when pressed

Group 2 has white

this gives the effect you want, but because G is in both groups the white does look a tad green

Any chance you could attach a profile or .lght file? I jsut got the K65 today and am not 100% familiar with the software yet. I'll give it a go on what you said. Would you have to make two groups for every letter you want the effect on?

Any chance you could attach a profile or .lght file? I jsut got the K65 today and am not 100% familiar with the software yet. I'll give it a go on what you said. Would you have to make two groups for every letter you want the effect on?

Here you go, you'll have to convert it to your keyboard - I have a K95 - but i think this is what you're looking for.

And I do think you'll have to make two groups for each key, unless I can find a cleaner way.

Surround Lighting - G key.prf

Okay after some further testing, I can get it working for a single key using the first method, but adding more groups will cause the neighboring group to trigger as well, I'll see if messing with some assignment setting will do the trick

I've worked on it a bit too and have been unsuccessful. It may be due to my newness in the software. Will keep playing with it when I find time.

Is it possible to press a key and have the keys touching it on all its sides light up a different color for X amount of seconds and then go off. Example: I press the G key and the TYHBVF keys light up to a certain color and then turn off 1 second later.

I've tried it with a ripple effect but the effect takes too long to spread to the keys. They are dark longer than they are lit.

There are velocity and duration options, try using those. For your effect I'd set the duration low and the velocity high (so the ripple gets to your keys immediately but disappears instead of continuing on).

Archived