Corsair Community

Corsair 250D fan clearance?

Lordgeorge16

Hi Corsair forum, I'm planning to make a Mini-ITX build with a Corsair Obsidian 250D in a couple of months after I save up enough money from work. I plan to use a 200mm fan as an intake on the front and two 80mm fans as exhaust out the back of the case (and probably put a couple of sound dampening covers on the 120mm mounts on the right side of the case, I want air to go in a straight line in and out of my case because of the cooler I plan to use, a Noctua NH-L12). However, I also plan to put an optical drive into the 5.25" external bay so I can watch Blu-Ray movies on this PC when I'm not gaming. Will I have enough clearance on the front of the 250D to use both a 200mm fan and a full-sized optical drive, or will I need to pick a smaller front fan in order to fit?

• Corsair Employees

The 250D is designed to house both an ODD and a 200mm fan, but make sure to check compatibility on the 200mm fan first.

Where you will more likely run into compatibility problems will be with the Noctua NH-L12, which may interfere with the optical drive. I'd endeavor to use as shallow an ODD as possible.

Archived