Corsair Community

Unreasonable requirement to de-cable PSU for return.

I am being required to de-cable my broken PSU before sending it in for RMA. This is not reasonable. I spent hours cabling up the PSU. I bought one with a modular cables for a reason.

Why is this unnecessary requirement being stuck too? Its not worth my time, Ill just buy a different PSU... This is in addition to forcing me to pay to return the PSU that you did not build correctly and not allowing any type of cross shipping....

Ticket Number 6564822

I tired, they will not do it. I ended up just ordering another power supply because this warranty process is ridiculous. Too long to exchange, too expensive to ship, and unnecessary requirements to return functioning and installed cables.

Pretty ridiculous for a $200 power supply that failed in less than a year. I have never had a more expensive and shorter lived power supply in my life.

• Administrators

The system won't allow you to set up an express RMA for something if at the moment you've created the ticket it's out of stock (amongst other reasons). That is completely different than someone saying we won't do it. No one has said we can't/won't do an express RMA. Please call customer service on Monday and they can help you out: 888-222-4346.

As for how long it takes for someone to look into something - I'd suggest responding back to your ticket and asking for an update - or ask customer service when you call for an express RMA.

Archived