Corsair Community

AX850 - Computer Won't Boot / MB Lights On

Trumpet

Hello!

My specs are included in my profile.

I'm writing this today because, since yesterday, i've been trying to power up my machine, but it just won't! I use an APC Power Saving Back-UPS Pro 1500 to protect me against everything, so i'm not sure what could be causing my problem. It's as follows:

-Flip switch on the back of the PSU

-Lights inside the case come on

-Press the Power button

Nothing happens. I have built this computer more than a year and ago, so i'm confident enough to say that there's no misplaced cable inside or anything. The thing used to work fine until yesterday, now it won't power on.

Any ideas?

Solved!

Could any of you, experienced technicians, explain to me how could dust affect the performance of a computer?

I decided my PC was due for a cleaning party and so i decided to unplug everything, open the side of the tower and blow air (carefully trying not to make the fans of any component spin) then used a vacuum cleaner get rid of the remaining particles; finally i put everything together, flipped the switch on the back, pressed the power button and voilà! It's up and running again (as a matter of fact, this is being written from my PC).

Didn't have to take the components apart BTW, it was pretty much a quick clean, but it worked without a hitch.

Something was loose. *shrug*

Something like what?

I wish you could be more specific, cause today i stumbled into the same problem and i'm losing my mind! This is a expensive build, so i don't want to lose it.

It's true that after the cleanup it started working again (even turned on two times in a row), but after that i unplugged it again so i could clean the whole room. Today i was so happy i was done cleaning that i plugged it again, but it won't start. I opened the side of the case to see if the power cable was plugged correctly and it was, yet the power button does nothing.

Btw, the case has wheels, so i just drag it around because it's too heavy. Perhaps while dragging it something got shaken and deseated?

What should i do?

• Corsair Employees

Motherboard, graphics card.... Who knows. I'm not there. That's why I can't be specific.

Maybe you should actually pull the PC apart and put it back together again to double check your work. Could be something as simple as an extra stand off on the motherboard tray, or a mounting screw for the motherboard is too tight or maybe the back of the case is preventing the graphics card from fully seating... could be a number of things, but that's going to require you going over your work with a fine tooth comb.

Motherboard, graphics card.... Who knows. I'm not there. That's why I can't be specific.

Maybe you should actually pull the PC apart and put it back together again to double check your work. Could be something as simple as an extra stand off on the motherboard tray, or a mounting screw for the motherboard is too tight or maybe the back of the case is preventing the graphics card from fully seating... could be a number of things, but that's going to require you going over your work with a fine tooth comb.

Thanks for clarifying. As of now, i'm writing this from my PC.

When i opened the side so i could disassemble/reassemble components, i decided to try clearing the CMOS fisrt and now it's up and running again. I don't know if this problem will reappear in the future (i hope not); however, now it doesn't matter.

Thanks again for your help!

Archived