Corsair Community

Can I not use it at all...?

RodrigoDRT

I dont need to go into the all buggy thing, aside from the flashing red CPU and H80i Temps, i also got random system freezes while messing with it, the CPU block light also wont stay red as I want it to, it simply becomes white after a reboot... the only thing that still works as its suppose is the fans speed, they go full blast once i power up my machine, then it goes quiet when my system boots up... so i've been thinking, can i simply remove it, unplug the Y and usb connector off my cooling unit and simply plug the fans on the mobo's CPU_fan1/CPU_fan2 directly? also, leaving only the sata power connector plugged will keep the pump running? thats mostly my concern.

Yes you can, and you will not be the first person to do this... Presumably you have another way to control the rad fans, like from your MB. Set your LED (if you can) to what you want. It should stay the color it's set at after removing Link. The only downside is you won't have a way to monitor the pump or water temp, other than touching it to see if it's running. But then most people don't pay attention to that sort of thing unless it starts getting hot.

As for the blast on start up, this is normal. It's part of the program. My MB does this as well, so I didn't even notice a change when I first installed the H80i. In fact, it was quieter than before.

• 3 weeks later...

Reviving this thread, since its not so old...

I wanted C-Link to work, i really wanted to, but it seems to hate me... it stopped measuring the GPU fan speeds, now its just 0 while it used to work and the fans are running. Then i cant set the rad fans to work based on the temperature since its all the time 0º flashing red...

I didnt put the fan on the CPU1 CPU2 fan headers because as said above, i couldnt know if the pump was running... well, what if I plug the pump in the Sys_fan1 to 3 headers so i can see the "fan" RPM on bios itself and put the rad fans to actually be controlled by the motherboard by the CPU1 and CPU2 headers, that so i can finally have something that actually work, making themgo Lo/Hi speeds depending on the CPU temp.

Secondly, the pump is always fixed RPM right? as long as the sata power connector is plugged, i could also leave the rest disconnected for the pump will keep going, correct?

Well I went ahead and tested out, I must say that my big concern was the pump, but after messing with the cables I realized the pump 3-pin connector was merely for RPM reading purpose, so no voltages being messed there and it remain at the operation RPM.

the result is much better than expected, since my MSI Z87-G45 have 2 CPU fan headers plus 3 system fan headers i could install everything plus 2 side fans and now monitor everything including the pump RPM

http://s24.postimg.org/dxy9n8m5x/mb_controlled.jpg

then, the feature i most wanted and that C-link unfortunatelly couldnt deliver because, if I'd set the fans to operate depending on the core temp, it would simply GO NUTS, ranging from quiet mode to deafening full blast mode every second because C-Link simply keeps going crazy about the CPU temp... i dont see why it cant read the processor temp like any other software can...

and then walla! i just set it so in my MB fan control page that the fans would be quiet under x temp and go full blast above it. and it worked like a cham, no more fans going crazy, no more fans going full blast once system boots up, and no more worrying about the pump rpm cause if they go loud i'll know something is wrong.

http://s24.postimg.org/aptsa6zw5/DSC_0187.jpg

now dont get me wrong... I love corsair products, i'd hands down recommend anything from RAM, PSU to mouse pad... but the C-Link sofware is by far the most bugged software ive ever seen...

Archived