Corsair Community

CUE Software: Copy and Paste doesn't allow post editing?

BlazzedTroll

This software seems to be very rudimentary, for lack of a better word. When trying to create profiles I feel like I can't easily duplicate settings and they take quite some time to set manually for intricate layouts even if only a few options are different.

Specifically, at the moment, I'm editing my Matrix profile. I have 19 groups spanning the K95 in vertical columns. I wish to have the same basic shape of color profile and intensity and the same trail/speed values. I just want the duration to vary for each column so that they fall at different times. I had done a basic version and uploaded it that took some time. After finding out about copy/paste I thought I could make the lighting a bit better. I edited group 1 and copy pasted to other groups. Then I went through and changed duration. I noticed it was all the same again...

When I open to edit after copy/paste, everything I change (including the name) changes all other copy/pastes. This basically nulls copy paste imo. I could have just had one group.

My first work around was another wasted effort. I went to the lighting page and delete the copies and tried to duplicate one and then edit. It went smoothly and I now have 19 different wave types as needed. However, when I "assign new lighting" and put the name of my saved lighting, it just makes a new one (with ' (1)' after it, then if I edit again it's just two separate lighting files with same name). Is there a way to stop this? Or is there an easier way to duplicate similar settings across groups without making groups essentially the same thing?

This reply serves as a bump and an attempt to get the ball rolling.

I have seen people mention programming languages used to get more advanced effects on the keys. How is this done? I can't find any posts on it. I have some experience in C++, C#, MATLAB, and a few other programming languages. Is there some specific program I need? How will I implement the code? A tutorial on using C++ to program lighting effects would be great.

Continuing the original: TL;DR(maybe): How can I edit lighting effects after I copy and paste them to a new group? How can I set a previously created lighting effect (in my lighting page) to be used by a group?

My first work around was another wasted effort. I went to the lighting page and delete the copies and tried to duplicate one and then edit. It went smoothly and I now have 19 different wave types as needed. However, when I "assign new lighting" and put the name of my saved lighting, it just makes a new one (with ' (1)' after it, then if I edit again it's just two separate lighting files with same name). Is there a way to stop this? Or is there an easier way to duplicate similar settings across groups without making groups essentially the same thing?

Click "Lighting Effects List" and drag the lighting effect you want to the keys you want it to apply to.

Click "Lighting Effects List" and drag the lighting effect you want to the keys you want it to apply to.

Thank you! I knew there had to be a way. I just couldn't find it. Still seems like the copy paste thing should have 2 ways to really paste like in MS Word, where you can paste or select to paste without formatting type things. Either way, at least this allows me to duplicate things more easily.

Thanks again!

Archived