Corsair Community

GS600 is shutting down PC

subzero4332

Hi i am from india and bought a Corsair Gs600 gaming series Psu from lynx india.com in 2011.My problem is my PC is shutting down randomdly while surfing the net or While playing games.Before shutting down i do get some beeps and its justs shut downs without any error message or BSOD.I checked each part and narrowed it down to the psu and motherboard.My PC works fine after a Cmos reset with jumper and when i turn my room A/C on at night.During the day when i turn off the Ac and surf then net or play a movie file it shut downs randomly.

Is the Psu heating up and shutting down other components? and what can i do to fix it?

hi, i mean say i get a beep sound when surfing the net or watching videos before the shutdown occurs.I checked the cpu temps and they fine 36 and 40 when idle and max its reaches 65.Also sometimes when the Pc shutdowns the bios becomes unstable and goes out of control.

• Corsair Employees

Right. I'm just saying that there's no mechanism in the PSU to create a beep noise. And the motherboard does not monitor the PSU temperature so it wouldn't even beep to tell you the PSU is overheating if that were the case.

The CPU temps aren't high, but something is overheating. What are all of your specs? Do you have a graphics card or are you using a CPU IGX?

Its an old PC, here are the specs Core 2 duo e7500 2.93 ghz,5670 AMD CARD 512 mb, 2x2 4 gb ddr2 ram gigabyte motherboard and 1 tb hard drive.This Problem occurs even if i dont have a gpu in use, or if i use another hard drive and even if i use one ram stick at a time.i checked the ram sticks with memtest and they dont have any errors.My PC shutdowns when the temps are at 36 too so i am sure its not the cpu heating up. I Can only use the PC during night time after resetting the cmos and turning on room A/C.

Yea the Psu fan is running fine.Its not a branded case.It has root written on it. Altogether 4 fans are installed 2 on the side and 2 at the back.They are old cheap fans most probably.Sometimes when the shutdown occurs the bios becomes unstable and i cant control it, the only option for me is to reset the cmos Any idea why it happens? and if its really a psu problem can i get it replaced?

• Corsair Employees

If it's a PSU problem you can get it replaced because the GS has a five year warranty, but it doesn't sound like a PSU problem. I'd love to know where that "beep" is coming from and why.

Take the side panels off your PC and see if it does it again.

What's the temperature in the room you're in when the AC is off? Because you said that if you turn the AC on, the PC runs, so I'm stuck on thinking this is a temperature issue.

• Corsair Employees

Maybe the "beep" was actually the motherboard beeping. Maybe it was the read/write arm of that HDD parking. A lot of time that can make a high pitched "ping" noise. If that drive is bad, it could be causing the PC to lock up.

The UPS isn't going to cause the shutdown unless you have a very expensive "online UPS" which sends all power through the batteries. Typically, a "line interactive" or "offline" UPS only uses the batteries after the power cuts out. Even with no batteries, your PC should still get power direct from the wall.

Archived