Corsair Community

H80i worked fine, not anymore

Mumur

I put in the H80i earlier this year and it worked perfectly fine with Corsair Link. Went in today to check on the fan speed, and I wasn't getting any signal. Everything was just reading zero, fans, pump, LED. Rebooted, etc. No luck. So did an uninstall/reinstall and put in the new version. Everything now shows up except the H80i.

Figured it may have been a USB issue, so went and reseated the USB cable at both ends. No luck either. Dug through the forums and found a lot of similar complaints but no solutions that seemed to work. I do see the Integrated USB Bridge in devices, so it seems like Windows is seeing it, but the devices just don't show on Corsair Link. Running Win7.

I wish I could help, but unfortunately I am going through the same thing (Win 7x64 - H80i). After a lot of initial difficulties, I have had flawless service from the Link program since September and the the release of v2.7. Last week, I changed one of my push fans to an identical model, just in white instead of black. Plugged the fan in. There had been no need to remove anything else. On boot the fans started to cut in and out and I get a USB disconnect and reconnect every 30 seconds to 1 min. I have tried all of my available USB ports. Other devices run from those ports without difficulty. I moved my fans to the motherboard and it appears the pump continues to run since my load temps are under control. Yet, no version of the Link program will recognize my board. It's certainly the USB, but since other devices run off the board end, it seems more likely the problem is on the H80 side. I'm afraid I haven't found any solutions. I am trying to hold on for a few more days until I put together my new system. I posted similar information to you at that time, but haven't found insight from anyone else either.

Anything older than v2.5 won't show motherboard fans and temps, so don't worry about that part. Go to the Options > Devices tab and see what it says under your motherboard. If there are only 2-3 lines with a version number, it's not reading your MB. I should be a long list of processor, memory, board info.

Anything older than v2.5 won't show motherboard fans and temps, so don't worry about that part. Go to the Options > Devices tab and see what it says under your motherboard. If there are only 2-3 lines with a version number, it's not reading your MB. I should be a long list of processor, memory, board info.

It was only showing a couple of lines for the motherboard. Gigabyte, I forget which version. I also tried switching around to a different USB connection on the board, that did not make a difference. The only thing I didn't try is using the second plug in spot on the H80i (I think there are two side by side). Maybe I'll try that, or any other suggestions.

I'm afraid not. I took my own advice an re-installed 2.4xx. Motherboard info has returned, but the USB connection still drops every few minutes. I don't dare hook fans up through it. It has to the USB controller on the H80i side. I would RMA mine, but in I'm almost finished with my new rig and it will not include an H80i or Corsair Link.

Normally, I would say you have a motherboard compatibility issue, but you had it working for such a long time. You probably would notice if the Windows was making the device connect/disconnect sound every 30 seconds, so it's unlikely you have the same problem as me. Any BIOS or chipset driver updates lately? Other new monitoring programs? Unfortunately, I've never had a Gigabyte so I am not familiar with their board features.

No system changes and I wasn't having any sort of USB issues. I don't typically have heat problems so I don't always have the monitor running. The strange part is that it worked like a charm out of the box, and seemed to be working for quite a while before deciding to fail.

The pump appears to be running; CPU temps are pretty normal, though I haven't run it with the case open to verify 100% the pump is working. I'm just making that assumption because even under load CPU appears to be okay. The fans on the radiator are going through the H80i controller, I've got a couple of other case fans that are just connected directly to the motherboard.

This is interesting, I checked when I got home. Running version 2.4.5110 of Corsair Link. CPU is showing up with all the data, not just a couple of lines. Has all the bios info, parts, etc. Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 is the board, FWIW.

I also tried switching the slot on the H80i device, and unplugging/plugging in the USB cable. That didn't make any difference.

Have you tried a mini USB B to Type A cable?

Have you tried reinstalling/installing latest .net Framework?

Have you tried running the software as admin?

Is the H80i detected in Windows properly? You can check it by going to Devices and Printers (Control Panel) and see if "Integrated USB Bridge" is listed.

Have you tried a mini USB B to Type A cable?

Have you tried reinstalling/installing latest .net Framework?

Have you tried running the software as admin?

Is the H80i detected in Windows properly? You can check it by going to Devices and Printers (Control Panel) and see if "Integrated USB Bridge" is listed.

First one is the only one I haven't tried, because the H80i shows up in Windows as the Integrated USB Bridge, and shows up regardless of what USB slot I'm using on the motherboard. So it doesn't appear to be a USB motherboard issue (and it worked before). .NET is latest, and yes have run as admin.

Try SIV and see if it detects the H80i normally.

http://rh-software.com/

That's a pretty useful tool. SIV sees it just fine, on HID devices I see "Corsair Integrated USB Bridge". When I go to check on the port it shows connected, but also says "I/O Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning". I'm guessing something with the H80i itself is borked.

• 2 weeks later...
Got a new H80i sent over via RMA. Switched everything out, and voila, worked fine. 30 minutes later, reopen corsair link, and nothing. Restart, nothing. Back to the same stupid error I had before, where is says I/O Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning. I guess I'll try and plug it in with a regular USB cable and not to the board and see what happens, but it's not promising that I'm having the same issue 30 minutes into it.

When you install Corsair Link, make sure to install it as admin.

I always do. Current status, I got it connected using a Mini-B to USB plug, and updated the firmware. Went back connected to the regular USB header, and it worked until a restart. After that, same issue as before. I don't know what else to do, at this point I'm probably going to have to chalk it up to buggy hardware/software and move on.

• Corsair Employees

I've been pretty vocally and aggressively trying to get Corsair Link sorted out internally. We have a new version in the pipe right now that hopefully will fix this; apparently there are things that changed somehow in the most recent version that broke Link on the H100i and H80i for a lot of users, but those things should be fixed in the upcoming version.

I hate telling anyone to wait when it's been this ridiculous for this long, but progress is being made and due soon.

Archived