Corsair Community

Shrink7799

I recently got the k65 Rgb keyboard. When i first got it i plugged it in and then downloaded the software and it worked fine. That night when i shut off the computer and turned it back on in the morning the keyboard turn on back its original lighting and the software would say no device detected. so i uninstalled the program and re installed it and the keyboard showed up again but every time my computer turns off or even goes to the screen savor the keyboard with shut off then not be detected with the software. Today when it says its not connected but you can still click on device, under status it says malfunction and a question mark by both firmware version and boot loader version. Last when i click firmware update there is an update available but when i try it will get to 3% and say failed to update firmware. Do you think it is a faulty keyboard and i need to send it back for another? Any help would be amazing thank you.

Computer specs, GPU : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

CPU : Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz

Memory : 4.00 GB RAM (3.00 GB usable)

Current resolution : 1440 × 900, 60 Hz

Operating system : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Have you tried updating your BIOS and chipset drivers?

Try the keyboard on another computer. Does it do the same thing?

I updated my bios and my chip set it up to date but it still would not show up. But i did try plugging it into my laptop and it worked just fine. Any ideas on how to get it to work on my pc?

That night when i shut off the computer and turned it back on in the morning the keyboard turn on back its original lighting and the software would say no device detected.

I'm having the same problem. I have firmware 1.15 and the latest version of CUE. Once I get the K65 up and running in either USB 2.0 or 3.0 (I've tried both), and then either restart the computer or wake it up from sleep mode, the keyboard will malfunction after 10 or so secs. I have also had issues with it malfunctioning after repeatedly hitting the caps lock. I've updated my bios to no avail. I suspect the problem is related to the latest firmware and Corsair needs to address this issue. I'm getting tired of crawling beneath my desk to re-plug in the USB every time I want the keyboard to function as promised. When it works, it's awesome. Corsair, please fix the k65!!

Might not be the keyboard but your computer. Are you sure the usb port is working? Are you sure the usb port isn't going to sleep? I love how people cry to Corsair to fix something when 2 out of 1,000 people have this problem. Try a different pc to see if it works on that. Otherwise it might be a defective keyboard. But screaming to Corsair to fix it is going to get you nowhere!

• 6 months later...
I'm typing with the K65 keyboard right now, which proves that the issues mentioned above aren't some mystical, magical and completely unspecified BIOS setting, so don't even try to pretend that this is a BIOS issue. It's the color functions that don't work and BIOS does not handle custom color functions on any keyboards. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and keyboard according to directions, as have other users. The only thing this keyboard will tell me is that Status = "Malfunction". This is unacceptable. How can anyone troubleshoot anything based on that kind of feedback? What exactly is the "malfunction" the keyboard is detecting? Give me some diagnostics, not vague allusions to a "malfunction". Just remember that for every person that complains, 25 don't complain -- and it is those 25 that just send the item back for a refund. For $150, there should be no failures like this, not even 1 in 2000 failures. So do you have a solution, Corsair, or not? And please tell me you have at least attempted to try and reproduce the "Malfunction" issue. I don't want theoretical solutions, I want tried and tested solutions.

• 3 weeks later...
I have now been corresponding with Corsair Technical Support for two weeks now and they have been unable to offer me a solution. They are asking for my receipt to verify warranty stats but I think I will just return it and get my money back.

• 2 weeks later...
Followed tech supports advice to upgrade firmware manually...now entire keyboard does not work. I took bricked keyboard back to BestBuy and exchanged for a new one. New one not only has same problems as old one, it has a new problem -- turning computer off does not turn off LEDs. Have to see if I have some old USB 2.0 ports, since I need the always on function of USB 3.0. I am going to keep exchanging keyboards, keeping track of serial numbers, until I find one that works. Would appreciate if everyone who has problems like this with their keyboard would post their serial numbers here.

Archived