Corsair Community

H100i Tubes Placement

taksdd

I am looking at H100i cooling and I am not sure if the tubes should go to the left side or right side of the case.. I can see that right side would slightly colide with RAM's but again it looks slightly better than going to the left.. Which direction do you guys mount it?

May I ask what sort of issues does the H100i have??

Does h105 have fan controller etc? I know that H100i is good for it's link software? Does it really matter?

Also Should I get Corsair SP120 High Performance (Corsair CO-9050014-WW 62.7 CFM 120mm Fan) as replacement to the Stock fans or just stick to them?

Thank you

With the H100i working normally, the LINK software will allow you to adjust the fan speeds and L.E.D. colour.

Most of the time, the issue would be the LINK software not detecting the cooler until a regedit is done (Windows 8.1) or a mini USB B to Type A cable is used instead as some motherboards seem to not want to work with the included cable mini USB B to internal connector. Other issues which i think that are no common now are failing L.E.Ds and firmware update failures.

The H105 does not have a fan controller. It will use a motherboard's 4-PIN or 3-PIN fan header which can be controlled by the motherboard if the BIOS does support it. The benefit to the H105 over the H100i is the thicker radiator.

Choosing which cooler to go for is up to you. The H105 is basically a install and forget about it (after adjusting fan speeds via the BIOS/motherboard software). The H100i is basically the same thing but with the LINK software for configuration. Though if you do encounter issues with the LINK software, it may be frustrating.

Definitely more pump and hardware issues with the H80i/100i. Corsair obviously doesn't manufacture the pieces, but end users still have a non-working cooler.

The H80i/100i series can be a huge asset to people with slightly older, OEM non-enthusiast build computers. If you have a Dell from 3 years ago, you likely don't have a lot of extra fan headers on your board and more likely you don't have a BIOS program that manages that aspect either. The trouble comes with newer boards and BIOS configs that are designed to handle all this on the board. Two software programs trying to do the same job. Mainboard is going to take priority. Link left in the cold. It may also have value to people with a lot of Corsair products that can be managed with Link (power supplies, memory, etc.). But again, new enthusiast BIOS programs may be doing that already. My new Asus X99 came today. It was essential I use a cooler that does not have active software that will fight the very extensive things Asus is trying to do with the BIOS. So I chose an H110. The H105 is in that same category and more popular because it takes 120mm instead of 140.

Your Corsair CO-9050014-WW fans are the very popular SP120 series. Physically it is the same as the grey SP120L's that came with your kit. The 120L's have been over-tuned to pull another 350 rpms on the top end, ruining their sound profile in the process. A lot of people change those instantly. Mine are still in their sealed plastic. Two reasons to change to the black SP120 model: 1) It looks much better. The black fan, colored ring, and round shape are signature Corsair and somewhat unique. 2) You are giving up zero performance, unless you like to run your fans above 2350 RPM - and there is no reason you should.

The other reason to change is for sound characteristics. The black SP120's have a smoother sound profile than the grey 120L's, but I wouldn't call them quiet at moderate speed. If you are looking to do a quiet set-up, you will need to look at a different kind of fan.

Archived