Corsair Community

H100i Pump speed?

Matvitank

So after the disaster that was getting this working I notice that now my H100i linked fans come on sporadically but i have the H100i pump running constantly at 2100-2200 rpms.

Is this normal? Is this going to burn out the pump? Or damage my CPU?

How do I use CORSAIR LINK to set acceptable temperatures/fan speeds? Like set it so at rest the TEMP I want is say 35-40C, at peak 35C, etc

The pump speed is fixed, but generally hangs in the 2150 to 2300 range, Mine is 2202 right now. This is normal.

Fan speeds fluctuate? Randomly? Or in in concert with some CPU activity?

The not-so-obvious part of setting up the program is assigning your gauges to groups. This can be done from the main screen by clicking each value you wish to link to another and then using the drop down menu that appears on the right side of program. I think it's a lot easier to do it from page 2 - the groups tab. Drag your fans and the Pump meter into the H100i temp box. It's probably right on top. This links the fans speeds to the water temperature. Technically, since the pump is fixed it doesn't need a group, but I like it there to remind me everything runs of the water temp. Putting your fans into the CPU temp box will make them run too hard and change speeds too often for most people. But your LED light should go there. That will allow you to link the LED to the current CPU temp, if you wish. You can also set it for decorative purposes.

35C idle isn't an abnormal number, unless your room temp is 16C. The variances in idle temp are too small to be useful. Temperatures under load are better indicators if your H100i is working properly and knowing your processor and clock speed will help to determine if you are outside the norm.

The pump speed is fixed, but generally hangs in the 2150 to 2300 range, Mine is 2202 right now. This is normal.

Fan speeds fluctuate? Randomly? Or in in concert with some CPU activity?

The not-so-obvious part of setting up the program is assigning your gauges to groups. This can be done from the main screen by clicking each value you wish to link to another and then using the drop down menu that appears on the right side of program. I think it's a lot easier to do it from page 2 - the groups tab. Drag your fans and the Pump meter into the H100i temp box. It's probably right on top. This links the fans speeds to the water temperature. Technically, since the pump is fixed it doesn't need a group, but I like it there to remind me everything runs of the water temp. Putting your fans into the CPU temp box will make them run too hard and change speeds too often for most people. But your LED light should go there. That will allow you to link the LED to the current CPU temp, if you wish. You can also set it for decorative purposes.

It seems my fans are fluctuating randomly at rest or low activity (5-10% cpu activity). The pump stays constant at 2100-2300 rpms like you said but according to LINK H100i Fans 1 and 2 both sporadically cycle from 500-1700 rpm's. This happens when my computer is idle or I am performing low processor functions such as typing this message with only a single browser window open. The processor temp fluctuates from 24.4 to 25.0 C. The second I hit 25C the fans fire on to cool it back to 24.4C

When placed under full load such as running a processor heavy game while having video running in the background or on a second monitor and downloading movies the fans never seem to get higher than 1200-1500 rpm's and stay at a steady rate without the throttling. Under load the temps stay in the VERY reasonable 35-45C range though the radiator seems to do little for my video card which stays around 81C.

For those that had asked my build consists of:

ASUS Z87-plus mobo

i5-4670K (this has not been overclocked yet) presently at stock speed which is 3.8 max

16 gb ram

EVGA Geforce GTX 760

This is all enclosed in a Coolermaster HAF XB Case.

I had bought a Corsair Obsidian 750D but unfortunately it was too much of an echo chamber for me to keep.

What settings are fans set to? Default? Balanced?

Try and set them to either a fixed % or fixed RPM and see if they will cooperate. (always a little fluctuation if you use fixed rpm - but it should be less than +-50)

They are on default mode. I just tried switching them to balanced mode and got a high pitched whine/screach coming from the fans...

I have since switched everything to quiet mode and the screeching still happens so I have reverted to default

Archived