Corsair Community

Vengeance 2100 Hiss/Stat/White Noise

GWXerxes

I've got a new pair of Corsair Vengeance 2100's here with the same hissing sound than many other users here have reported. It only manifests itself when a Windows application has an open audio channel. The hiss is present using both the Microsoft drivers and the latest Corsair drivers.

This seems to be a common issue and I need to know if anybody has had this issue fixed by an RMA. If not I'm just going to return them.

Edit* The hiss is also present on the microphone.

This file is was recorded with the microphone down and the volume at 100 in Windows

This file is was recorded with the microphone down and the volume at 0 in Windows

• 2 weeks later...

I've been searching around on this for a couple weeks now and have come to the same conclusion, doesn't look like there's a fix for it.

Does anybody know if the 1500 or other wired USB headsets have the same issue? Is it just because this is the wireless version?

I assume the headset is smart and powers off the amp / drivers when there is no sound, which can be another reason why the hiss is so noticeable. If the hiss were constant, at least you wouldn't notice the difference between silent + hiss vs. letting the hissing fade into the background noise.

I picked up a G930 from a local electronics store and it has the exact same issue right down to only occurring when an windows application opens an audio stream, but its hiss is almost within tolerable levels.

(along with a bunch of other different problems) I'm beginning to thing this is a problem with wireless headsets in general as they all have an RF transceiver, battery, DAC and amplifier all in such a small confined space. It might just be the special few of is that notice it and are irritated by it.

But then again I have a friend with a G930 and another friend with a 2100 who both report having no issues similar to the topic on hand. Both of them have a respect for quality audio devices so I'm inclined to believe them. I'll hopefully get a chance to examine one of them soon and then report back.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived