Corsair Community

H100i and Windows 8.1 What's left to do?

Matvitank

Hey guys,

I've been working on this problem for over 2 hours now. Link WILL NOT identify the H100i on my Windows 8.1 Machine.

I have tried installing the most recent software and the previous versions.

I have gone into my BIOS and disabled legacy, enabled ECHI, disabled the other one.

I have tried unplugging the USB connector assigned to the motherboard will it is both on and off.

I have an ASUS Z87 Motherboard.

What else is left for me to do before I write this off as a failed experiment and return the product?

FIX

I managed to fix this by unplugging the power to the pump while my CPU was on. As soon as I reconnected LINK acknowledged the pump and let me install it.

NOW, How do I set fan speeds?

I'm running 8.1 too and I never bothered installing the Link software. I'm running my fans off of the mobo and getting great results while I wait for the H105 I requested in my RMA. Do you have Asus' Fan Xpert software? If you do, try scrapping the Link and try running from your mobo instead using Fan Xpert.

I'm running 8.1 too and I never bothered installing the Link software. I'm running my fans off of the mobo and getting great results while I wait for the H105 I requested in my RMA. Do you have Asus' Fan Xpert software? If you do, try scrapping the Link and try running from your mobo instead using Fan Xpert.

I think this very well may be the fix I will endeavour to use

Have you tried the Windows 8.1 registry edit? You can find it here in the forums.

Click the system tab and the fan. A configuration window should pop out allowing you to adjust the fan speeds.

Regedit has been done. Where is the system tab? In what program? If you are referring to the link software this has been causing me disaster as when I go from default to quiet or balanced mode I get the terrible sounds.

The system tab in the LINK software.

What sounds are you getting? Are they from the fans or pump?

What fans are you using?

Yeah I used the above solution and just removed the LINK software from my computer and am using the ASUS Suite.

The sounds appeared to be from the fans. I traded out the louder stock ones for Coolermaster Sickleflow 120mm green LED fans. I use exclusively those fans without issue in all computer builds and the sounds never come from my computer even when operating near max velocity. The replacement fans mirror almost exactly the performance of the stock fans

When I used LINK to set fan speeds, quiet mode, balanced mode, etc it would be an incredibly loud pitched screech as if metal on metal no matter the speed. For instance, I would set Quiet Mode and the fans would run at say 500 rpm and the sound would occur.

I assume the fans are plugged into the H100i's fan controller? If so, i think the fan controller was only designed to work with the Stock PWM fans or PWM fans only not 3-pin.

Connect the fans to the motherboard and control the fan speeds using the BIOS.

Archived