Corsair Community

I need a very low PSU wattage

kidlat020

I am a cyber cafe owner running diskless environment. the rental PCs are of course, without a disk. my specs are as simple as it gets

A6-5400k on a basic HSF

mobo

4g ram

that's it. and I don't think running dota 2 on it will ever need some 60W and that's me without using a Wattmeter yet.

what's your closest PSU that has around 85% efficiency on this build?

• Corsair Employees

The VS and CX don't meat your 80 Plus Silver or better efficiency requirement, so the answer is going to be a CS450M.

Personally, I think the ROI between the price of a more efficient power supply and your power bill is going to take a couple years. So maybe consider the VS, which is 80 Plus White (min 80% efficient.)

a couple of years is fine if I get to operate the cafe in low heat.

but yeah, I really wish Corsair would start considering to compete with generic China PSUs worth 10$ (give or take) that says 500W or 600W on the label but is actually around only 200W and is 60% or less efficient.

• Corsair Employees
Problem is, if you are to make a quality PSU, there's not much cost difference between a 200W, 300W and a 400W. Even the cheapest components (without getting the really cheap stuff that's guaranteed to blow up at 50°C) can do higher capacity. You have to go way out of your way to find something that's cheaper AND has lower capacity while still better quality.

the market is so small for a power supply of that size i doubt it would be worth it.

one cybercafe alone can have as much as 500 units. multiply that to how many legal cybercafes just here in the Philippines alone? the illegal ones are much worse.

then you have the office workstations. these guys will need much lower wattage than me that's for sure.

and entry level gamers having their own PC at home.

market you say?

Archived