Corsair Community

Support

GeorgeKps

Well, i probably won't find any useful info in here. i will probably be told to uninstall the software or leave it be until the next update arrives.... which is weird since there are so many people having problems with it and Corsair's latest release was in the end of September.

but for the heck of it, let me try..

after searching the web for a really good closed loop water cooling system to cool down my cpu, i purchased H100i. i read some reviews but obviously i didn't search the "support" forums (stupid me)

the hardware works great. it's just the software (in the end) that is a REAL disappointment. let me explain myself. this Link software... in theory it's nice. having all the info in one place. great.

still, i can't understand the picture i attached below....

really guys. u have all the info there. it's right there!!!!! the only thing now is to put it in the Link window with all the labels and "boom". there, finito. people will stop complaining and all will be well :)

i would really like to have someone explain me what is wrong with all this. cause i could have done something wrong. i tried installing a previous Link version, i tried the "another USB header" thingy. it all went down the drain. and the bad thing is that i'm sure that the only official reply will be to wait for the next Link release.

oh well, i guess my 30 seconds of bitching have ended.

on the bright side though, i have to admit that it's a really nice cooling device. (which means "shut up and live with it"................?)

there. let the steam out :D

Cheers !!! (and a happy new year) :D

CorsairLink.thumb.jpg.949bc43897846daa3a6b8d4c1e2f765e.jpg

my m/board can handle double fans for the cpu + 4 chassis fans. 6 in total. i have 6 case fans on connected to an Alpenfohn Alpine Touch fans controller and the corsair fans are connected with the y cable provided by Corsair.

that is not the issue. can speeds are reported and controlled by Link software as supposed to be. what is not reported in the Link main window are temps. but here is the weird thing. temps are reported when "right clicking" the Corsair icon in systray.

anyway, as i said before. i only wanted to bitch a bit. system works fine and is rock stable o/ced to 4.7GHz with minor volt tweak.

Cheers !!!

my m/board can handle double fans for the cpu + 4 chassis fans. 6 in total. i have 6 case fans on connected to an Alpenfohn Alpine Touch fans controller and the corsair fans are connected with the y cable provided by Corsair.

that is not the issue. can speeds are reported and controlled by Link software as supposed to be. what is not reported in the Link main window are temps. but here is the weird thing. temps are reported when "right clicking" the Corsair icon in systray.

anyway, as i said before. i only wanted to bitch a bit. system works fine and is rock stable o/ced to 4.7GHz with minor volt tweak.

Cheers !!!

My point was if you have another means to monitor your temps and control your fans, uninstall the link program. Overlapping control programs can be a substantial headache. The LED will stay at whatever you set it to. Fortunately, the pump speed is fixed and not subject to the whims of the Link demons, but I'm guessing you only have manual fixed control over the fans right now. If you have other Corsair products you want to monitor with it, then I would follow Toasted's advice and start rolling back Link versions one at a time.

As for complaints, the line starts two years to your left and I'm not anywhere near the beginning of it either, but I more than understand your frustration.

i tried the previous version from the last one, 5339. nothing changed except that it won't install the corsairlink.exe because i don't know.

the other programs i use for temp monitoring are the coretemp and hwmonitor. buy still, these programs don't run in the background to create a conflict with Link. and my complain is that Link "knows" the info but has a problem to display it in the main window. it can clearly be seen in the screenshot i uploaded. Link main program window has "zeros" while right clicking on it's icon in systray all "zeros" work.

anyway, i'm not complaining in the "complaining" way. i didn't mean this post to be a rant. all i intended to do was for the support team to see something they may have missed.

Cheers !!!

No, I run those too. I was thinking more along the lines of your mainboard BIOS activities. There are some known conflicts with Asus utilites and I'm not familiar with the AMD version. The MB seems to be the determining factor in most of the Link issues where there isn't a physical hardware problem. Otherwise, most anyone with Win 7x64 sp1 could run the same version and that seems to be far from the case.

Try rolling back further to the 2.4 or 2.6 series. 2.5 was a tough one for a lot of people on Win 7. You're not losing any functionality by rolling back to these versions. Most were attempts to bring Windows 8 into the fold.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=125350

guys, i don't have any monitoring utilities. the only one i have installed is Link. and again, maybe u miss the point.

Link software discovers the info from the mainboard. it's there when u right click on it's icon in systray.

the problem is displaying that info on the main window. that's why i attached the screenshot.

don't just look at the "graphics" of the software. look at the "menu items" from right clicking too.

i will try even earlier versions of the software but to tell u the truth i think it's going to come out the same way.

Cheers !!!

that was CoreTemp which is a "run only" program. doesn't have a service when the program is not actually running.

i used this software to see if there was a problem with temperatures in general. i don't have it in the autostart as i don't have any programs of such. i haven't even installed AiSuite from asus. i am totally against all this "bloatware". (yy i know, i'm a total weirdo) :p

the only program running is Link.

anyway, i installed 2.4 version and although it shows every information, the bad thing is that it shows the devices twice only this time the second "devices" are showing no information at all. and of course i cannot delete or remove the devices.

oh well, probably something went terribly wrong with installing so many different versions of Link software and the registry has totally freaked out

i will try to remove any registry entries manually but i think the only thing that will make things actually work is a new windows installation.

anyway, thank you guys. and have a happy new year ;)

Cheers !!!

Sadly, this is yet another quirk and one that was common on 2.4. Waking my computer from sleep was my usual trigger. You can delete the zeroed gauges, drag the new ones from the left back into their spots. Sometimes you need to re-assign groups, but not always. Graph usually needs to be redone. Unclick the old "H100i Temp" and then click it again to re enable the graph. One day left for my H80i. I won't miss it.

Finally......... :)

well, uninstalled Link software/drivers, rebooted, manually deleted registry entries about Link, rebooted, installed Link again, rebooted but it all was the same. then i thought to search for a Link folder in the user account folders and voila. the "default" profile was still there.

so, after deleting it Link displays everything and there are no double devices anymore.

oh, and after placing the meters on a case (in the Link main window), saving the profile and rebooting, everything is in place and working well

thanks guys for the info about the 2.4 version. :)

happy new year

Cheers !!!

Archived