Corsair Community

Hey guys, first post - I got a K65 for Christmas, and am loving it so far, but have a few questions.

1. Anyone ever make a profile for MechWarrior Online? If so, I would love to see it for ideas.

2. In Game Chat - When the , [Y], or [T] keys are pressed, various chat modes are brought up. Basically all key mappings are suspended and you type your message and press enter - sending the message to other players and ending chat mode. So, is there a way to do the following:

1. Pressing [y] changes keyboard to a solid light blue.

2. Message is typed.

3. Pressing [Enter] sends message in game, and returns keyboard to previous state.

I want to do this as sometimes the , [Y], or [T] are pressed by mistake, and all followup commands are then entered as text message while mech stands there helplessly... the keyboard illuminated in a totally different color will act as a visual queue that I am in chat mode.

Any help is much appreciated, and let me know if my question/request is unclear.

Thanks!

Yeah, that was my thought... but I couldn't get the enter key to both act as Enter and to switch the mode back to the original mode... I tried a macro where the mode switching was set to the "~", and set the enter macro to do an "Enter" and then a "~", but it didn't seem to work. Were you able to get it to work?

okay one work around that isnt the most convenient is setting it to switch modes in one mode and not having that be the same case in another. the downside it you have to tap thekey twice to get the effect you want, but it works.

Mode 1- "T" switches to mode 2

"Enter" submits text

Mode 2- "T" enables text input

"Enter" switches to mode 1

Interesting... so basically, it's a double tap of the enter key in mode 2... the first to switch back to mode 1, and the second to actually enter the txt...?

I will try it tonight... not ideal, but if that's the best we can do, maybe it is good enough

That is correct. If you assign a key to be switching modes then it won't print whatever it is supposed to be. First press will switch the mode for you THEN inside the mode a second press will print whatever the key is or the macro you've set for it.

I really hope that's something Corsair will look into for their next CUE update. I'm not a big fan of having to set unused keys to switched mode so fingers crossed!

Archived