Corsair Community

New/Replacement switches?

CDStarsong

Just for future reference, I was wondering if Corsair will be offering New/Replacement switches for the K70 keyboard? I know you can buy cherry switches online, but the only ones I have seen or found are solid black casing, not clear. Would be a shame if a single switch went out and I had to replace it with a solid switch and lose a lighted key.

Just for future reference, I was wondering if Corsair will be offering New/Replacement switches for the K70 keyboard? I know you can buy cherry switches online, but the only ones I have seen or found are solid black casing, not clear. Would be a shame if a single switch went out and I had to replace it with a solid switch and lose a lighted key.

You'd have to RMA the board. Corsair has exclusive use of the clear case switches at the moment.

The keyboard is not meant to be taken apart. The only way to fix a switch would be to replace the whole keyboard.

As this is my first mech keyboard, maybe I just dont get it. Isnt each switch an independant unit with moving parts inside it? Lets say theres a wire in it that flexes. Over time that wire wears out. Youre saying I cant pop that key switch out and swap in a new one? (and I know, theres some switches with flexing wires, some with springs, etc. I was just using that as an example.)

Archived